jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (16 posts)

Anyone driving Jaguar here?

1. seohowto profile image60
    seohowtoposted 9 years ago

we've got a Jaguar 2 weeks ago, just wondering if anyone else is driving Jaguar. Nice car, though I didn't want us to change our BMW:::::::::smile)))))).

2. Eric Graudins profile image59
    Eric Graudinsposted 9 years ago

No, but I did help a friend of mine change the spark plugs in his V12 E-Type many years ago.
    It took all afternoon, and you had to remove lots of engine accessories to even be able to access the plugs.

Sorry, but that put me off Jaguars :-)
    Anyway, hope you enjoy it.

(I've been very happy with my SAAB's)

3. seohowto profile image60
    seohowtoposted 9 years ago

Eric, that was exactly my point to argue with my husband:::::::::::::smile))))))))))))))))))
    But I am surprised, this car is a fun. We took the latest model, it's kinda sport Jaguar.

1. profile image0
      IMHustleposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Congratulations on your new car! When you say "the latest model, it's kind sport", do you mean the XF? I think that is one fine lux sports car!

I remember counting XKE's as a little kid and how cool I thought they were.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your car and have much fun driving it -- just stay clear of my FX35 and we won't have any problems (lol) smile.

4. Misha profile image73
    Mishaposted 9 years ago

LOL People who buy new Jags usually do not change spark plugs themselves big_smile

I think Kathryn (LDSNana) mentioned driving one.

seohowtoposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Misha

I didn't want Jaguar and I wast thinking of Jaguar as of overpriced cars ever, but since we've got this car, I am changing my opinion, slowly but surely:smile) We had Corvette and Supra before, I am driving Lexus now and we traded in  Jaguar for our BMW M5

1. Misha profile image73
        Mishaposted 9 years ago in reply to this

To be honest, I never drove one, and I never considered buying one - so I did not really checked how expensive they are. I just know they are. smile

They used to have reputation of being both sporty and comfortable to great extent, but I think Ford managed to damage this exclusivity during its rule.

seohowtoposted 9 years ago in reply to this

The worst thing now is they have been recently sold...
          I think British should feel terrible that one of the most popular british brands have been sold...

2. embitca profile image87
          embitcaposted 9 years ago in reply to this

In Ford's defense, Jaguar also had a reputation for poor engineering,  and serious mechanical and electrical issues and I do think their quality issues have improved under Ford's ownership.

I think they are beautiful looking cars, but they probably have the worst resale value of virtually any car on the road due to the damage that was done to their repuation before Ford bought them. A Jaguar loses significant value the moment it is driven off the lot and you can get one that is only a few years old fairly cheap compared to the initial sticker price.

1. VioletSun profile image69
            VioletSunposted 9 years ago in reply to this

A Jaguar loses significant value the moment it is driven off the lot and you can get one that is only a few years old fairly cheap compared to the initial sticker price.>>>

My sister just purchased a used Jaguar for almost $7,000,  had it inspected and its in excellent condition and looks new.  She can't afford a brand new one, but is thrilled with her purchase and sent me pics after pics of her emerald green Jaguar. smile

2. Eric Graudins profile image59
      Eric Graudinsposted 9 years ago in reply to this

True, but this guy is an enthusiast, and enthusiasts tend not to trust dealerships with their "babies".
      I don't trust the local dealer either, after I discovered that they don't even stock the correct gearbox oil for my car.
      I enjoy working on my cars - and only take it to a dealer when absolutely essential.

1. Misha profile image73
        Mishaposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Same thing here smile That's why I said "usually" tongue

5. Princessa profile image83
    Princessaposted 9 years ago

I do not drive one... in fact I don't drive at all...  but I do get driven in one smile

I don't drive either, but have to learn how to drive as in the West Coast where I live now, driving is a necessity, and I am nervous about this,  so keep procrastinating;  my mate drives me everywhere.

6. embitca profile image87
    embitcaposted 9 years ago

Sounds pretty! What year and model did she get?

It a 2000 Jaguar S-Type V6 Sedan. She saw another one in Ebay and its was a 2002  but cost  $5,000 more.

working