Car Accidents and what to do next!
Steps to take in a car accident
1. Understand your automobile insurance policy.
2. Make sure your insurance is up to date and valid.
3. Put your insurance card in your car so no matter who is driving the vehicle your insurance information is available in case you need to use it.
4. sure everyone is OK first, then call the police.
5. Call your insurance company immediately.
6. Gather information.
- Take pictures, traffice lanes, surrounding area, traffic signs, etc.
- Write down the name, contact information and insurance information of the other driver
- Are there any stop lights or stop signs?
- Witnesses, write down names and contact information
7. Do not admit you were at fault.