- Business and Employment»
- E-Commerce & How to Make Money Online
10 ways to get FREE traffic to your Website-
If you build it, will they come?
CONGRATULATIONS! I assume that if you are searching for ways to drive traffic to your website then you have just started a new venture!Launching a new website can be stressful, costly, and mostly irritating. The largest part of the frustration is getting visitors to your newly hatched project. If you are a blogger, affiliate marketer, or a business owner with a product to sell you know that the number one thing holding back the success of your website is TRAFFIC. No click, no sale, nor progress will happen without them. When you first realize that this is key- you will of course google the question and find many sites and services offering visitors, clicks, and higher search engine results for a FEE. You just launched a new venture...do you really want to invest more money when this is something that you can do for FREE? My guess is probably not! Here are 10 ways to drive traffic to your site for FREE!
1. Online Classifieds - Simple as it sounds! Sites like Ebay, Craigslist, and others will provide you a few instant hits. Posting in areas where your site is relevant will result in the most return for your time.
2. Social Media - sites like Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest, and Facebook can get a GREAT place to get some instant traffic. These do involve having a small network in place but think of each one of your online "friends" as having ten "friends". If you can get them to share, re-tweet, or repin you, you have reached hundreds with one post!
3. Online Forums - Search for people with the questions or issues that your website, blog, or product can help! Answer as many questions as you can and drive them to your site or blog. The best practice here is to only answer RELEVANT questions and to have thick skin. These online forum folks can be a bit brutal so answering a car question with..."Check out my website on how to raise a natural baby...it will help!" will get you some unwanted comments!!
4. Give something away for FREE -If you don't have a product, try writing an e-book on your niche and offer it for free. Free items tend to go "viral" pretty quickly and the word FREE is hard to pass up!
5. Add your url to your signature - Use it everywhere! Adding your url to your email signature on your phone, networking sites, and email will get you some instant hits. It is a very indirect way of letting people know what you do without shoving it in your connections faces.
6. Use Free Traffic Exchange Sites - Be careful because these sites do make money from selling things BUT you can use them in their free state to drive traffic. They boast that you will get thousands of clicks and I am not sure if that is true or not BUT even if its half true...its a lot of visitors. Click the links for TraffUp or check out Traffic Swarm to get started. Get as involved as you can because you get "points" for viewing other subscribers sites just like they do to visit yours!
7.Link up with other sites in your niche - They already have the readers or customers that you are looking for so try building a backlink to your site. BE WARNED....you must be sure to only backlink from a site that is well ran and managed. If you link up with a scammer - you may get labeled one as well.
8. POST OFTEN - If you are running a successful site or blog you need to work at it. Updating your content as often as possible and using keyword rich articles will instantly get you better search rankings. Try searching for your topic or niche and see what your competition looks like..then be better!
9. POST ANYWHERE YOU CAN - Use sites like Reddit and Digg to post your links and ramblings. These are sites that are mostly community driven by folks are into reading what you have to say! Using sites like hub pages can help you add some income as well. There you can post your blogs about your products, services, or niche and even attach ebay and amazon capsules as well as Google AdSense adds to create income. You just started a business remember...a little income is a good thing. Get involved in the online communities to get the highest result for your time put in.
10. Guest Blog - Find a popular site similar to your niche that offers the opportunity to be a guest blogger. They will credit you and get your name and information into their successful search engine cyberspace. This will also allow you to directly influence their follows to migrate to your site! Only submit clear, concise, and well put together information for consideration. Developing a guest blogging relationship can be a fruitful one and a long term one! Consider offering them a guest spot in exchange and I bet they will promote the spot on their successful website.
Those are just 10 of the ways to drive website or blog traffic for FREE. There are many others out there and as you start down this list, the other ways will organically happen. You have built the site, invested your passions, so now quit reading and get to work! Never forget that success doesn't happen overnight. As with anything worthwhile, it is going to take work on your part. Any affiliate marketing program, blog site, or web based industry that promises otherwise may be something to look twice at.
Good luck on your you new business endeavor and please share anything that has worked for you!