- Business and Employment»
- E-Commerce & How to Make Money Online
EBates- Can You Earn a Descent Amount of Cash Through The Site?
At first glance, Ebates is perhaps one of the most intriguing sites I have visited. Once you log on, the first thing you see is nothing but online offers from what has to be, hundreds of products and multiple stores.
As great as it is to have hundreds of offers shown to me, I also noticed that many of these offers included many of the same products, just from different stores, mostly at different prices (That's a plus!).
So, in other words, Ebates shows you the best price for a product from different stores. Good deal!
I recently signed up to Ebates (after MONTHS of research), and came to see what the big deal was all about.
I wasn't really impressed, because as we all know, it takes a while, if not months, to see a result from many of these online websites that promise you "you can make money here, all you have to do is shop!".. I've fallen for those, now I'm EXTREMELY careful!
So, I signed up through a friends link, when she promised me a $5 bonus just for joining. I did, and as soon as I did, right enough, $5 showed up on my account.
"just like that".
Now, the REAL trick was going to be turning that $5 into at least $100 for the month.
The thing about Ebates (as far as I know), is that shopping online is NOT the only way you can earn money. For all the bloggers out there, or power referrals, you guys know how "word of mouth" works.
One person has a great review about a website, or place, and we all flock towards that place, driving business to it, and in return we make a small commission from it.
Well, I have yet to make over $100 for referring friends, however, the two people I have referred seem to think that the deals Ebates offers for many of the products is a lot better than the deals they see in person. So, in conclusion, its safe to say that the reason this site is doing so well is because people save money while shopping online and receive cash back, for their qualified purchases.
Now, what I am not clear about is that if I also receive a percentage off of my referrals purchase(s). But like I said, I just signed up to the site..
So, You signed up to Ebates... Now, What Do I Do?
Well, welcome to the referral club!
I can't believe you fell for that... Just kidding!
If you signed up through my referral link, on your own or through another link, I believe it all works the same way.
Now that you have signed up to Ebates, what do you do?
Unless you have unlimited amounts of time on your hands, or $$$, the one thing that you can do is check out the offers of the week/ month. Check out the newest and best ways to save money on thousands of new products that are offered everyday and decide what do you want to get.
Ebates is not the type of site that will pressure you into buying anything (although, technically it is how you make money from it), but it will show you some of the best ways to save money and receive money back from your every day purchases..
Remember, that's important. You receive money back from your purchases done through Ebates.
This is also very important to remember.
On average, more than half of everyday purchases are done online.. So, it is pretty awesome that now we can get a small piece of the pie for referring people to shop online! C'on. You guys agree!
I can't tell you to force people to sign up through your link, and shop. Remember, the person has to complete an online purchase through Ebates. But, I can tell you that so far this site is showing advantages to shopping online, and getting cash back for your purchases.
Ebates offers just about anything you can possibly think of that is also offered in a physical store. Even more so.
- you can find any store from A to Z, and just about any product that these stores offer, and the majority of them, at a great discount.
- You can search for the products you are looking for,
- look through online coupons and check out what is the best deal for the month.
- For every store that shows offers, you can also see how much cash back you will receive from your purchases.
- You can check out your account summary, and see how much you will be getting paid, and when. **Once again, if you sign up through my link, you can receive a $5 bonus! It's a WIN WIN!*
Everything is pretty clear and to the point!
Final Words of wisdom- Who is Ebates for, and Who Will Not Profit From This Site
Ebates can be for everyone, but not everyone will profit from it.
Ebates is for you if:
- You love to shop online, and enjoy special deals and offers
- You like to refer shoppers to sites, and they like to shop online
- You like to search for deals for hours at a time, to find out how to get the best online savings
- and if you LOVE a good bargain, and love to show others how to get them too.
Sounds simple enough right!
Ebates is NOT for you if:
- You do not like to shop online- you don't trust online sites, etc
- If you do not know how to look for the best discounts, and coupons
- You don't like to shop, period
- If you only do it for the referral money- remember, you have to make purchases too!
Well, there you have it. If you think this site is for you, then try it out, and let me know what you think. If not, then just remember, there are other ways to create an income from home as well.
If sign up to Ebates from my link, you will receive a $5 bonus! WIN WIN for the both of us!