Games To Play When Bored In The Office: Angry Boss (fun!)
Let's face it: Work is boring
In fact, you're probably reading this right now because you're sat at work bored.
So bored you're typing phrases like... 'what to do when bored at work'..?
Well luckily for you, I spent a lot of time in an office environment myself... and therefore was able to collect some of the best office games in existence. Some can be played alone, some can be played with a colleague... and some can be played with a colleague without he or she ever knowing about it.
I'm about to share with you one of my firm favourites: Angry Boss
DISCLAIMER/WAIVER OF RESPONSIBILITY
I hereby accept no responsibility for any consequence arising as a result of following the instructions given below whether direct or indirect, which includes without limitation disciplinary action and loss of job.
Games To Play When Bored In The Office: Angry Boss
Brief Description: Inspired by the viral smartphone app 'Angry Birds', 'Angry Boss' quite simply involves replacing the birds with paper pellets - and the pigs with your boss.
You can play alone for your own sheer amusement or play with colleagues and develop a league table.
So the simple aim of the game is to flick paper pellets at your boss. Sound like fun? Here's a handy hint: Place your finger and thumb into an elastic band (you work in an office - you can find one somewhere), and then use this as a launcher for tightly folded scraps of paper. But be careful, because if you do this well enough the paper pellets can pack a real punch, and you want to keep your job... right?
'Angry Boss' multi-player mode is a game suitable for 2 players or more.There are two main ways to play with slight variation between the two:
- In version one, which we shall go ahead and name 'Angry Boss Multi-player: Strategy', players must take it in turns to flick the paper pellets, and any player found to be flicking out of turn receives a penalty of 5 points
- In version two, which we shall go ahead and name 'Angry Boss Multi-player: Mayhem', players are free to flick at any time.
Rules of the game
The idea behind the game is to turn your boss into a raging bull without getting caught. Remember, that once your cover has been blown the game is over.
Once the cover of the group has been blown, the game is over and whoever takes the blame (regardless of who is actually responsible) is subject to a 40 point reduction from their final score.
Important note: If more than one player is blamed, the 40 point penalty is distributed evenly across each.
Scoring Chart: Angry Boss
Pellet fails to hit the boss but manages to grab his or her attention
Pellet hits boss but fails to draw his or her attention
Pellet hits boss in a 'non-critical' area and draws his or her attention
Critical Area: Head (drawing attention)
Critical Area: Crotch (drawing attention)
Pellet lands in hair and draws bosses attention
Pellet lands in hair and fails to draw bosses attention
20 points + 2 points for each minute the pellet remains in the hair
Pellet hits another person (non-player)
Pellet hits another player
Remember: If You Like This Game, Copy And Paste The Link To Your Facebook. Everybody deserves to play :-)
Angry Boss: Other Variations
Historically, this game has been played in many ways - Angry Boss being the most popular.
- Angry Anybody. This simply involves replacing the 'boss' with anybody - usually a colleague who is disliked by most
- Happy Boss. This is a less well-known version of the game in which paper pellets are replaced with small treats such as sherbet lemons. Note: The result is not usually a happier boss.
- I'm The Boss: This version of the game usually involves having small items flicked at you by disgruntled colleagues.