How I am Making Real Money on eBay
The Basic Steps
2. Find items to sell and research them to see what people are paying for them currently on eBay. This is easy you just look up the item on eBay by searching for it. You then sort the search by listing that are ending first. This shows you what the items are actually going for that will be ending soon, minutes or hours from now. If you are going to be putting the item on an auction you will have an idea of what you might get for it... if you are selling it at a fixed price you will be able to see what bidders are willing to pay for similar items. Keep in mind that you are going to want to pay attention to the similar item to yours that have bids on them that are ending soon. This is the method that I use and I sell items at a fixed price on my store. You can see my store at http://stores.ebay.com/The-Cherry-Picker-Boutique
3. Photograph your item. I sell clothing and I simply lay it out on the floor and take a photo, load it and use the eBay editing tools to change the position, crop and adjust the shading and brightness. Sometimes my camera doesn't capture the right color so I can change it to be more true tot he item.
4. Fill in the listing with category, description, photo, price, shipping and return details. This is all on the listing so just take each detail a step at a time to get through the listing. Submit the listing and go on to the next item. Once you become experienced the listing process will become second nature. I highly recommend opening an eBay store if you are serious about making real money here. I have a sore and currently have over 300 items and my sales for the last month are about $1300. That is my gross sales. There are fees, inventory, supplies etc... that come off that.
5. Ship the item when it sells. I print out all of my own shipping labels and have a scale at home that I use to pre-weigh the items with the shipping material so I know what to charge in the listing. Since I sell mostly clothing shipping is in soft poly bags and are easy to ship.
6. Pay eBay fees, purchase more inventory and keep making money.
My eBay Blog.... How to.