- Business and Employment»
- Employment & Jobs»
- Job Searches»
- Local Job Searches
Best Hot New Jobs in Toledo, Ohio to 2020 - Healthcare, General Motors Mfg.
Toledo Is Moving Up
By 201`2, Toledo had grown to the size of 287,000 residents. Under former Governor Ted Strickland, the University of Toledo provided free tuition to everyone in the Greater Metro Area.
By March 2012, the local General Motors plant was successful once again. GM invested $200,000,000 in the Toledo plant and create new jobs under Governor John Kasich. The plant turns out over 5,000 transmissions every day via 2,000+ employees. These will be fitted into the Chevrolet Cruze, SUVs, and pickup trucks. So many new jobs were created that all the laid off workers from 2009 could return, along with many new-hires.
Major Shipping Lanes and Gateway to Canada
The Healthcare Industry
Toledo is home to nine hospitals:
- Toledo Hospital
- St. Vincent Mercy Medical Center
- St. Anne Mercy Hospital,
- Flower Hospital
- St. Charles Mercy Hospital
- Riverside Medical College
- St. Luke's.
- Medical College of Ohio adminsters three hospitals and provides training for healthcare professionals.
- Medical College of Ohio Cancer Institute is new, providing the latest technologies and treatment in cancer services. The specilize in treatuing and working on the prevention of breast cancer..
Click here for Travel Nursing Opportunities.
Job Search Links in Toledo
- Toledo Healthcare Jobs
- The Toledo Blade
The leading newspaper of Toledo, with job listings in the Metropolitan Area and Detroit. te paper itself had jobs avaiable as well.
- Tony Packo's
- Toledo Public Library
Job search services, job listings, and computers are available to the public.
- Toledo Chamber of Commerce
- Jobs in the Justice and Advocacy System
Largest Employers in Toledo
- DaimlerChrysler Corp./Toledo
- GM Corp./Powertrain Divison
- Libbey, Inc.
- Dana Corporation
- Owens-Illinois, Inc.
- ProMedica Health Systems
- Toledo Public Schools
During Spring 2012, jobs available in Toledo aside from those at General Motors include these in highest demand among 4,000 total in mid-March:
- Monitor Technicians
- Patient Companions
- Housekeeping Aides
- Paramedics in the Emergency Department
- Registrar and Staff - Patient Access
- Support Specialists
- Dietary Aides
- Nursing Supervisors (RNs)
- Respiratory Therapists
- Lab Aides and Other Aides and Technicians
- Mercy Memorial Hospital
- Regis Corporation and Promenade- Hair Stylists and other salon staff.
- Promedica HealthCare System
- Edward Jones - Financial Advisors
- Various Retail Stores
Jobs Steady and Inreasing 2010 - 2012
Colleges and Universities
- The University of Toledo houses eight distinct colleges. Undergraduate and graduate degrees may be earned in engineering and pharmacy as well as other fields. Business Incubators here are bringing new businesses and jobs into the metro area.
- The Medical College of Ohio (MCO) trains doctors and offers graduate degrees in medical science and industrial hygiene; MCO partners with businesses and community based organiztions in healthcare research and practice.
- Owens Community College offers an AA biomedical equipment, computer-integrated manufacturing, and glass engineering, among others.
- Within commuting distance of Toledo, Bowling Green and the University of Michigan are only about an hour away.
Toledo Mud Hens at 5th/3rd Field
Sports Opportunities in Toledo
- Baseball: The Toledo Mud Hens is a farm team for the Detroit Tigers major league team,
- Hockey: The Toledo Storm is an affiliate of the National Hockey League's Detroit Red Wings
- University teams include man's and women's teamd from The University of Toledo (the Rockets) and Bowling Green State University (the Falcons).
- Fifth/Third Field
- Toledo Sports Arena.
- Raceway Park - Harness racing March - December.
- Toledo Speedway - Stock car racing.
Parks and Recreation, and Offbeat Jobs
- African Safari Wildlife Park
- COSI Toledo
- Culbertson's Survival Center - Animal Rescue
- Merry Go Round Museum
- Rutherford B. hayes Presidential Library (the 1st in America)
- Toledo Lake Erie & Western Railway & Museum, Inc. (Blue Bird)
- Toledo Zoo
- Toledo Botanical Gardens
- Toledo Museum of Art
- The Butterfly House (Seasonal)
- Fort Meigs
Queen of the Most Holy Rosary Cathedral
This is the only such cathedral in the entire world, and needs tour guides and other staff for time to time. It is an example of a 16th century Spanish architectural style named Plateresque. It is the HQ of the Diocese of Toledo and may need related staff.
These restaurants have expanded and offer their prodcuts in numerous locations. Famousi for its hot dogs and other dishes, Tony Packo's was mentioned several times inteh M.A.S.H. television series.
René Auberjonois, who has played Attorney Paul Lewiston on Boston Legal, Odo in Star Trek Deep Space Nine and Clayton Endicott III on Benson, has ties to Toledo and has taught acting in area colleges.
His father, Ferdnand Auberjonois, was the European Correspondent for many years at The Toledo Blade. The publishers of the Blade helped the future actor to gain acceptance into what is now Carnegie Mellon University, leading to his confirmed decision to study acting and to perform. The actor is related to Napolean and to a former KIng of Naples and Sicily as well.