- Business and Employment
Let's Play A Game! What Price Did This Business Sell For?
How this poll works
This poll and the information provided is based on a real small business sale. We have altered things slightly so that you can't identify the specific business for reasons of confidentiality.
Your job is to guess the price range for what the business actually sold for.
Assumptions: The sale of the business did not include a buyer assuming any of the business debts nor did the buyer get any of the cash in the business.
How Good are Your Business Valuation Skills?
What Price Did The Buyer Pay to Buy This Business?
- 4% Sale Price $0 - $50,000
- 24% Sale Price $$50,001 - $100,000
- 48% Sale Price $100,001 - $150,000
- 12% Sale Price $150,000 - $200,000
- 12% Over $200,000
This poll is now closed to voting.
The Business - A sandwich shop
- Annual Sales - $410,000
- Located in a leased space in a shopping center. Lease rate stayed the same for buyer.
- In business for 7 years
- Net profit to seller after all business expenses $55,000
- Value of the equipment included in the sale (refrigerators, ovens, counters, etc) $32,000
How to Value a Small Business
Results and Answer
After we've received a reasonable number of poll response we will post the answer for all to see!
Thanks to all who participated.
- 52% were incorrect.
- 24% over priced the business
- 28% under priced the business
- 48% of answers were correct.
This business sold for between $100,000 - $150,000, actually almost exactly in the middle of that range.
Drop a comment below if you'd like to try another business. The next one will be a bigger business with a few more moving parts.