- Business and Employment»
- Small Businesses & Entrepreneurs
How to Have Success and Money
Market your Business on a Shoestring
Success and Money Cheap and Easy Marketing
Love your work and make money doing your passion. By committing yourself to your passion and working at it with great tenacity, you will find a way to make it profitable. Don't allow disappointment to set in the beginning of your endeavors, as it take time to reach your goals. Be patient, work hard and spend a lot of time marketing your business.
You don't have to spend lots of money to market a successful business if you plan carefully. Get your creative juices flowing. Take advantage of your computer to create promotional material that cost you few dollars but look like a million dollars. Make a point to keep records of what ideas work best to bring in business, and try them again and again. Always be on the lookout for new brainstorms that will promote your business successfully, Take time to examine other businesses that are already successful; and pay attention to what they do to become successful. Soon you will be making money doing what you love.
- Always plan ahead for different things that might happen, and have ammunition to solve new problems.
- Brainstorm with another person, and write down every marketing idea.
- Look at successful companies and see what works for them and adapt these ideas to your own business venture.
- Talk to friends to get ideas and ask them what advertising and marketing ideas appeal to them.
- Set up a budget for marketing and work within the budget until business starts rolling in.
- DO IT!
Plan Ahead and Do It
Your First Promotional Piece
- Always use good quality paper.
- Tri-folds are easy to pass out or mail.
- Plan your front page with appropriate graphics and creative fonts.
- Keep the promotional piece simple and to the point.
- Use yellow or gold paper--It is said to be the color most noticed and READ.
- Use your computer and printer to make your own promo pieces; and you can change them often when you get new ideas.
- Always be willing to try something new and take a few risks.
- Hand deliver your promotional pieces whenever you can.
Ways to a Successful Business
- Use heavy and durable stock for the card
- Keep the font simple especially for contact information.
- Have basic information on the front of the card.
- Make sure your phone number and email address are easily readable with dark print.
- Use bullets-write the services of your business on the back of the card. Your card will serve two purposes-- business card and a mini-brochure.
- Give people three business cards-one to keep, one to give away and one to lose.
Use Social Networking Sites
Join or add information on all social networking sites. Keep adding new and fresh information. Offer suggestions to help others with their businesses. Write about your business and the progress you are making. It is okay to ask for help from friends and people you know but don't overdo it. Remember to be generous and help other people along the way.
Set up a Website and Blog
It is almost mandatory to have a presence online where people can read about your business along with current and future plans. If you are computer savvy you can set up your own website and blog. There are also many helpful new tutorials where you can easily set up a site, even if you are a computer dud like me. Just as long as you can follow instructions and directions.
Hit the Pavement
Hit the pavement with brochures and business cards in hand. This is still the best way to get the word out especially when you are marketing your business on a shoestring budget. Make a list of businesses that can use your services and just drop in to say hello. Leave a card and brochure. If they are busy just leave your information. Pick up one of their cards for future use. One of the best marketing ideas that worked very well for me in my many business adventures is to take a small token gift. It is as easy as filling small plastic bags with candy or cookies.. People love to eat and appreciate the thoughtfulness.
Follow Up, Follow Up
It is essential to constantly follow upwith potential customers. You can email, send a note or drop by. Do this at least once a month, but no more. If you call on a person once a week--it can interpret as everyday or all the time. Email is the best way to stay in touch as you don't have to bother people who are busy. Accumulate as many business cards as you can. Ask potential customers how they want you to stay in touch and honor their request.
I have left this for last, though by any means does it belong at the end of the hub. I am going to write an entire hub on different and effective ways to network. But until then get out there, pass out your business card and help other people working at establishing a business. You will learn that you can make a living doing what you love.
Other Hubs by Carol Stanley
Mke Money Doing What You Love
Take advantage of the social networking sites. Join Facebook, Stumbleupon, Linkedin, Twitter, Pinterest , Google+ and many others. Be sure to share what you are doing and make an effort to help others.
Work at adding new followers to each of the site. This is a time consuming project but the way making new contacts and marketing is headed.