Participate in a Workplace Communication, Part 8
INFORMATION SHEET No. 6
REASON FOR COMMUNICATION IN THE WORKPLACE
In the work environment you need to communicate with:
· People who belong to your organization
· People who belong outside your organization and wish to do business with you
You communicate with people at work for several reasons, for example to:
· Take part in friendly conversation
· To assist customers
· To receive or pass on information or instruction
· Discuss problem
· Ask for information
· Get help
It is important that you communicate with people inside and outside your organization in a professional and efficient manner. People do not work in isolation. No matter what your job is good communication is vital.
ACTIVITY SHEET No. 6:
Reasons for communication in the workplace
At the end of this activity the learner should be able to:
- act out some reasons for communication in the workplace
Information sheet 6
Activity sheet 6
1. Read information sheet no. 6 Reasons for “Communication in Workplace”
2. Follow the instructions indicated
Now design a communication between you and a fellow worker as described below and carry it out. After you have done this reflect on how successful it was.
Activity No. 6
Choose a partner among your classmate:
a. share with him/her the things you like and dislike. ( your partner will also share the same with you)
b. record other’s informationb, asking whatever questions you will feel are necessary and appropriate to obtain a clear picture.
c. Organize the gathered information
NOTE: You will be graded by your instructor on how well you expressed
SELF- CHECK No. 6
After having acted the above activities, think about all the ways you communicate with others in the workplace.
You can consult Information Sheet no. 7 “Reasons for communication in the Workplace”
- PARTICIPATE IN A WORKPLACE COMMUNICATION, PART 7
INFORMATION SHEET No. 5 EXPRESSING IDEAS AND THOUGHTS CORRECTLY Look at the picture closely and read the dialogue. Mang Victor: Alfreds father, needs help, doesnt he? Yes, he...
- Participate in a Workplace Communication, Part 9
INFORMATION SHEET No. 7 SIGNIFICANCE OF VOCUBULARY: Relation to Comprehension Skill Meaning and Distinctions of Types Vocabulary refers to the stock or range of words available to you for use in...