- Business and Employment»
- Employment & Jobs»
- Job Searches
Pike's Peak - 15 Hot New Jobs in the Best Places to Move
Parker author, Richard Pearson
Five Necessary Skills to Maintain Employment
Best Places to Move for a Job through 2025
Parker, Colorado near Pike's Peak and a suburb of Denver is the Number Four best place in America to move to find work It was so-named by Forbes.com during the years 2009 and 2011. A major reason for this determination is that 60% of the town's population emigrated from a state other than Colorado or from a country outside the USA. Another reason is the local economic council's growth plans through 2025.
Parker is just 20 southeast of Denver and its large metro area, offering a major airport and several highways and reliable transportation for passenger and business/shipping purposes. In addition, ARRA Stimulus funding of approximately $15 Million is put to good use in Parker as it is applied to improving and extending the local water system.
Additional ARRA funds' improvement of I-70 about 10 miles northeast of Parker will boost transportation infrastructure and draw additional businesses and residents to the area.
Parker CO author Richard S. Pearson
Parker boasts a successful author that writes to help people maintain employment or find a job even during tough times and a recession. Richard S. Pearson advances his 5 Necessary Skills to help you succeed in job search and your own advancement. They are:
- How to be proactive
- How to recognize and attend to what’s going on in your company
- How to succeed at networking
- How to find a mentor
- How to deal with bad bosses
These are five elements that can save you from job loss and propel you to the top of the career ladder.
Devner-Aurora Metro Area, including Parker
Native Americans - especially the Arapaho, Cheyenne and Ute Nations- were the first inhabitants of the Parker area until about 1848, followed by the Gold Rush in 1858 that brought settlers West in hopes of fortune. A Post Office was established in 1863 and a sense of permanence surrounded that event. Then a way station called 20 mile House was constructed near the post office. The Cherokee Trail and two other very well worn paths led past Parker, stage coach lines followed quickly, then the railroads, and today's I-70 and state route 83 and others. After the Gold Rush, dairy farming, land-based agriculture, and livestock became important contributors to the local economy.
Parker was founded by a family of that name at the end of the Civil war, in 1864 and was not incorporated until over 100 years later in 1981 (pop. 285). The town expended so quickly in the 1990s and 2000s, because of the work of professionally planned real estate development in attracting new residents and businesses. Home to some 48,000 people in 2009, Greater Parker was expanded almost single-handedly by one real estate developer. This is developer Jim Nicholson, former United States Secretary of Veterans Affairs (2005 - 07). Previosyly, he had worked in law, real estate, and municipal funding. This work was followed by additional development through the local economic development council and the town miraculously boomed like many other suburbs listed by Forbes.com on its Best 25 Places to Move. Downtown Parker is different from other urban areas across the nation in that it is a mix of Old Western and Victorian buildings and shops.
Additional Top Jobs in Denver
- Autoplant Piping Designers
- Certified Nurse's Aides (CNAs)
- Sales Engineers
- Account Executives
- HR Directors
- Sr. Regional Channel Acct Mgrs
- Senior Accountants
- Occupational Therapists
- Accountant/Analyst- SAP Reportwriters
- Physical Therapists
Top Job Listings Within 15 Miles of Parker
As a suburb, Parker is 20 miles from Denver and 22,000+ jobs. With in the 15-mile radius, approximately 7,500 positions are available (July - August '09 from SimlyHired.com and Indeed.com). The top jobs listings are:
- Business Analysts
- Drivers - Drivers for Elite Services, driving custom-painted vehicles displaying advertising. Up to $500 per week earnings. HQ in nearby Aurora.
- Senior Accountants
- Patient Services Technician Specialists
- Accounting Managers
- Sales Associates/Salespersons
- Sr. Regulatory Affairs Professionals
- Daycare/Preschool Teachers
- Sales Managers
- Software Engineers
- Customer Service Reps
- Shift Leaders
- Assistant Managers
- Seasonal employment in retail, hospitality, and related fields.
- Sales Representatives
Top Employers in the Parker Area
There are substantial numbers of job openings available in Parker, Colorado and nearby citites and towns. The Top 20 Employers listing these openings include:
- Dish Network
- Robert Half Finance and Accounting
- Kaiser Permanente
- Energy Placement
- HCA - The Healthcare Company
- Children's Hospital
- Centura Health
- All About Staffing
- Arrow Electronics
- Cricket Communications
- CH2M Hill
- TW Telecom
- Swedish Medical Center
- Parker Adventist Hospital
- University of Colorado Hospital
Job Surge in Parker Since 2010
For sheer numbers of jobs to open from 2008 - 2018, these job titles are to offer the most openings:
- Food Prep & Service
- Healthcare Practitioners & Techs
- Food & Beverage Service (Waitstaff)
- Business and Financial
- Health/Medical Practitioners
- Computer Specialists
- Computer/Mathematics jobs
- Personal Care occupations
- Education, Training, and Library
- Business Operations Specialists
Comparison with Government Projections to 2018
State and federal projections of job titles in the Denver-Aurora Metro Area, including Parker, Colorado and are predicted to expan employment opportunities by the highest percentages from 2008 - 2018 include:
- Personal/Home Care Aides
- Gaming Surveillance Officers & Investigators
- Skin Care Specialists
- Pharmacy Technicians
- Network Systems and Data Communications Analysts
- Forensic Science Technicians
- Manicurists & Pedicurists
- Court Reporters
- Detectives & Criminal Investigators ("CSI")
- Medical Assistants
- Gaming Supervisors
- Social Workers in Mental Health & Substance Abuse Counseling
- Computer Software Applications Engineers
- Physical Therapist Assistants
Colleges, Neighborhoods, Golf, Attractions
- Arapahoe Community College
Arapahoe Community College is located at 5900 South Santa Fe Drive, Littleton, Colorado 80160-9002.
- Colorado Christian University - Denver Tech Center
- Jones International University
Our project-based degree programs are designed specifically for busy adults.
- Parker Attractions - Best Activities & Things to Do in Parker CO - UpTake
Things to Do in Parker CO: Find fun and exciting Things to Do and attractions for your next vacation in Parker on UpTake - what to do when you are on vacation.
- Pike's Peak Cog Railway - The world\'s highest cog railroad, the highest Colorado railroad AND highe
Near Denver and Colorado Springs, the world's highest cog train takes families to the 14,110 foot summit of America's Mountain, Pikes Peak, Colorado.
- PPIHC Home Page
Pike's Peak International Hill Climb race car event.
- Rocky Vista University: Committed to Excellence
Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine - committed to the education of osteopathic physicians.