- Business and Employment
Pros and Cons of Being a Call Center Agent
Working in the Call Center Industry for more than 5 years would consider me a pro in this line of business. I worked as a Customer Service Representative for almost four years and now working as a Supervisor for more than a year.
A lot of Filipinos believe that working as a call center agent is better than any other regular jobs here in the Philippines. On the other hand, if we would ask those who have experienced working with call center companies, they would say that they want to resign and find another job. Why do they have different opinions about working in a call center? Let's find out why.
- It is one of the high-paying jobs in the Philippines.
- No university dimploma is required, as long as you're 18 years old or older, you can apply.
- No age limit. As long as you can speak English very well and know how to use the computer, you're qualified.
- With night differential, since they mostly work in a graveyard shift
- Students can apply - if they work daytime, then they can work at night
- Fast career growth. Promotion is this industry is not hard, as long as you are knowledgeable of the position and has performed well in your previous position, then being promoted is possible. You can even get promoted in as early as 3 months unlike other regular day jobs where you have to be employed for 5 years or more to be considered for a higher position.
- If you're single and currently looking for a dating partner, you're in the right place. It is a pool for young, good-looking and smart men and women.
- Trainings here are free.
- Free coffee and even iced-tea.
- Great benefits like health card for you and your family worth more than P100,000 each, life insurance, tuition fee reimbursements, etc.
- Get a lot of double-pays because you work on holidays
- Eye bags because you work on graveyard shifts
- Hypertension due to lack of sleep
- Kidney problem or UTI because you cannot leave your station to go the restroom unless it's your break already
- Laryngitis or Tonsilitis because of endless number of calls
- You're asleep while the rest of your family is awake during daytime
- You work even during the holidays
- If the account, project or program pulls out their business from your company, you will either be forced to resign or to transfer to another account
- If you're a parent, you will not be able to attend to your child's school activities because you're either asleep or just on your way home and before you get there, the program is already done
- Week-end Rest Days are not guaranteed