Should You Use a Professional CV Writing Service?
Have You Asked Yourself: "Should I Use a CV Writing Service?"
When you are looking to find work or to improve your own personal position, you need to know where to start.
For example, when you are trying to convince an employer to give you a chance, a big part of the issue often stems from being able to get spotted in the first place.
Let’s face it: unless you are going for the most exclusive job in the world, you won’t be the only CV put in.
Add in the number of factors that can lead to a CV being viewed or put in the shredder, and it can be hard to find the quality of CV you need to get spotted.
With that in mind, then, should you use a professional CV writing service? For many people, this is like hiring an essay writing service. It can feel a little cheap.
But, if you are someone who lacks written prowess, why should you miss out on jobs because you cannot craft a modern CV?
The days of being able to get in the door at a job with a word of mouth recommendation are, broadly, gone.
It’s a big shame, as for many years it was the perfect way to ensure that you could land a job that you wanted.
It’s nowhere near as easy as it once was.
So, should I hire one?
With that in mind, we recommend that you pick up a professional CV writing service and let them use their skills and expertise to your advantage.
You can use a professional CV writer to help you:
- Make a difference to how your content comes across.
- Match your CV to the kind of job(s) that you are applying for.
- Catch the attention and eye of whoever is looking over your CV.
- Improve your chances of being seen, spotted, and taken on by a company.
- Reduce your chances of being passed over and ignored by a potential employer.
Naturally, all of these factors play a leading role in helping you to build the kind of the first impression that you want to make.
It’s for that reason that so many people look to hire a CV writer.
They can do the job for you, and they can help you to spend far less time worrying about what your CV actually reads like.
If that sounds useful to you, it’s worth hiring someone to give you a helping hand.
Let’s take a look at just some of the reasons why hiring a CV writing service is not just a good idea – it’s one of the best things that you could ever do to enhance employment prospects.
Will You Hire a CV Writing Service?
Avoid Submitting a Basic CV
The problem with a lot of CVs is that they don’t stand out.
You hand in a CV and, if it reads the same as the other ones in the ‘shred’ pile, you will be placed among that pile.
If you want to stand out, though, you don’t start using bright colours or over-the-top designs: visuals over content will always see you meet the shredder, unfortunately.
No, if you want to avoid that problem you need a CV writing service.
They can help you to make sure that you hand in a CV that makes sure that you stand out from the others.
However, we get the irony of that statement: what stops your CV writing service from producing the same style and theme for everyone?
The answer is simple: they would be out of business pretty fast.
Yes, some CV writing platforms will mess you around and just give you a generic copy.
It will be generic in the expression and terms, and the layout.
That will make you much more likely to get your CV shredded.
A good writing service, though, will take the time to speak to you about:
- What kind of CV you need, and who it will be aimed at.
- The industry that you are trying to find work in and/or break into.
- The kind of experience that you wish to make your primary benefit.
- What kind of companies you will be targeting, and what they ask for.
A good CV writer will always make an extra task of trying to make sure your CV is easily adjusted to fit certain job descriptions.
The secret to landing a job is often making sure that your CV reflects what the job is asking for.
So, if you are applying for a role that wants experience in a leadership role, but you have no experience, you can still use other work/life experiences to vouch for your suitability.
The best CV services will make sure that, regardless of what the job asks for, you will be able to speak to the job request.
They will look at the skills you have and ensure that they can easily be made relevant to fit in with the job request.
This is often where most CVs fail: they do not adjust their message, their skills, and their achievements, to fit that particular message.
If you are serious about long-term improvement as a potential employee, then, you should absolutely be looking to use a CV writing service.
While they cannot always get it just right, more often than not it leaves you with a CV that you can easily use to help land work.
Things to consider when hiring a CV writer
Of course, you want to make sure you don’t just hire any old service.
Here are some of the most important things to look out for when hiring a CV writing service:
- Experience. You want to hire someone who has written CVs for your industry before. Ensuring they understand the terminology and what is important in that industry is vital.
- Professionalism. From the speed of their response to receiving an entirely error-free CV, you should always make sure that they have an impeccable record.
- Consistency. Make sure there is a clear process for writing your CV. What kind of information do they ask you for? What do they need to know to make sure it works in your favour?
- Affordability. At the same time, you want to make sure you hire someone who can do a good job for a reasonable price. Avoid any services which are too cheap, though: you get what you pay for in this industry.
- Ability. Of course, you want to hire someone who can meet your needs and do so in a timely manner. Make sure you only hire a CV writer who has been in your industry in the past.
If you are someone who finds it hard to deal with the art of writing a CV, then you should be sure to look for assistance.
It’s something that can make or break your chances of getting a job.
As such, if your writing is not to the standard that the company would expect, you should not write your own CV.
You should instead look to get some help and some assistance with handling the challenge.
It’s not something you get a second shot at, so you should enlist help if it really concerns you.
Is hiring a CV writing service easy?
The art of hiring a CV writing service is easy – you simply order their services as you would any other online service.
That being said, the art of getting a good response and a quality service is very much a unique prospect.
You should, therefore, look to:
- Find someone who has vast experience in the field that you are trying to apply for. They need to understand the kind of insights that would make an employer sit up and take notice.
- Be ready to answer a lot of questions. A CV writing service that does not ask you much in the way of questions is not as good as it sounds. You will have to provide a lot of detail.
- Prepare vital details and information. Often, the best thing you can do is send them a CV you already have with all of the key data that they need to write with on the page.
- Avoid anyone who tells you they can do the job in hours. A good CV takes a few days to write, especially with your back-and-forth input. Don’t see time as a positive if it sounds too quick.
- Vet their work. Ask for previous reviews, testimonials, and anything else that can give you more confidence that this CV writing service is the one that you need.
A bit of analysis and a touch of looking around will make sure you can get a CV writer who does the job that you want, in a timeframe that you can afford.
Speedy delivery is one thing; being too fast is another.
Hiring someone who takes ample time and pride in their work is highly recommended.
You are much, much more likely to wind up with a project you are happy with if you choose to do so. So when it comes to asking yourself Should I Use a Professional CV writing service?
In short: if you wish to hire a CV writing service, make sure you hire a good one!
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2019 Harry Sheen