Job Satisfaction: High Quality Work Pays Off in the Long Run
Always Strive for Excellence
A good salary is the No.1 factor in job motivation for generally, people want to work where the pay is best. Why then do so many people continue to give their best in job situations where they are underpaid and overworked and where conditions are less than favorable?
It is all about personal satisfaction and ideals. When you do a task, the end product has your signature on it. If the end result is shabby, it is a poor reflection on you. The reverse is true. If the result is great then it brings kudos for you; it is your signature that stands out. Your signature, therefore, becomes important to you and no matter the job, the conditions or the remuneration you ought to take pride in producing quality work that speaks about the type of person that you are.
Give the Job Your Best Anyway.
Sometimes you can become so frustrated in a job that you have a burning desire to retaliate. You feel that doing your work badly is a sure way of making your discontent known. You might even believe that by doing your work badly you might be able to sabotage the organization as pay back for the poor salary or whatever your issue is. But at the end, if you are truly a person of principle, you will discover that you are unable to give less than your best. Your wicked plans are thus, thwarted by your own integrity.
Proper Tools Improve Work Effectiveness
A Positive Work Attitude and High quality Work Get You Noticed by Job Recruiters.
I believe that no matter how bad the situation is a good worker always aims for success, that is, maximum output and best results. This is good. You give quality work all the time and eventually someone will take note. When this happens doors may begin to open for you. Does this mean that you should hang on to a lousy job just waiting for a lucky break? Indeed no! Here are five steps that you can take to start the ball rolling:
1. If you are not already trained or qualified, enroll in programs relevant to your career goals.
2. Even if you are already qualified or trained take advantage of training programs which will enhance your skills and also your resume. Usually these programs are of short duration, relatively inexpensive and can be done online or at local institutions. If you are lucky you may be able to access free training right within the organization where you work
3. Every good worker needs to market himself/ herself. Look out for job opportunities. Always keep handy a portfolio containing your updated resume. Be aggressive in sending out job applications wherever there are jobs in your area of expertise, whether there are vacancies advertised or not.
4. Prepare effectively for an interview. You may be called on short notice. Go online and research interview strategies, questions, responses. Look at suggestions about attire, attitude, deportment etc.
5. Remember, your qualifications, experience and perhaps your reputation will open doors for you, but once you are in, it is up to you to be really forceful in marketing yourself
Go Get a Job That Makes You Happy to Leave Home in the Morning!
Nobody needs to be bound to a job which brings little satisfaction at the end of the day. Your place of work is the place where you spend the greater part of the day, of the week , of your life! It just won’t do to resign yourself to a lifetime of discontent and frustration because you are in the wrong job. It is important to be happy with your job, so go get the right job! If you start off with a lousy job take every measure to ensure that it is transitory. Advertise your competence through high quality work, qualify yourself and go out there ready to enter any door that opens itself to you.
Happy to be Off to Work
Life Lessons Hubs
- Facing Change
Change is an integral aspect of living; we all therefore, change over time. Changes in our life circumstances may trigger different changes in our attitudes which are then manifested in our behavior.
- SOME ADVICE ON CHANGE
Change must come into our lives and the sooner we accept this reality, the sooner we will adjust and begin to move forward with our lives. It is not something to be feared; rather it is to be embraced. Far...
- Make the World a Better Place – Be Tolerant Toward...
When we are supportive of each other and sensitive to each other's needs, we contribute to a better and brighter world. “We shall pass this way but once...”
- Ageing - The Process
Ageing can be dignifying and gratifying if you have lived a fulfilling life and are prepared for the ageing process. However, it can be earth shattering when it catches you unprepared.