- Business and Employment»
- Employment & Jobs
Unemployment Benefits-Good and Bad Sides
Do Something about Unemployment
The Business of Unemployment Benefits
Unemployment benefits is a well orchestrated business run by the government. Unemployment benefits serve a major purpose; people lose their jobs and have to survive somehow until they find new employment or start a new business. These benefits are a double-edge sword. People need to survive with a roof over their heads, food on the table and pay their basic bills. The big question is--how long should these benefits last. If there are no jobs out there what will people do? Are people willing to do menial work to stay alive? Are we creating a very lazy nation?
Time Passes By
Many people who have been unemployed for a period of time, get into the mode of not working and picking up a weekly check. This is not an indictment against people receiving unemployment benefits, but human nature will often lead to the path of least resistance. It can be easy to procrastinate looking for work as long as the check comes in regularly. Has this been a detriment for many to search for any kind of job as long as they can take care of their basic needs? The question is what is the solution for the unemployment in America?
Suggestions for Finding Work
There is a downside to unemployment benefits as they do not last forever. Start your strategy about getting employment or starting a new business long before these benefits are going to end. Treat each day looking for work like you are searching for food to stay alive. Make every moment a priority to get your life back on the work track. If you are lucky to have some time for the unemployment benefits, this may be a good time to get training in a new field of work. There are many opportunities in the medical field plus other fields. Go on line to see what are the hot fields of employment for today. Many of the training courses for these jobs are for a short period of time and offer financial assistance. Many of these schools that offer training off assistance n finding a job when you have completed the course. Here are some ways you can find employment. Do it everyday as if your life depends on it.
- Start pounding the streets and look for help wanted signs.
- Be ready to do a job you may not have considered before.
- Check online daily for job opportunities. Consider working at home.
- There are many jobs through job sites online that you can apply.
- Mystery shopping is an option and an easy way to bring in some money. It is not complicated and very often can keep you busy every day.
- Send out flyers in your neighborhood for taking care of pets, plants and yards while people are on vacation.
- Learn some easy new skills like painting and small fix-it jobs.
- Clean houses to make money.
- Ask all your friends if they know of any jobs or people that need help.
- Home health care--requires a small training period to be a companion and do light housework.
Waiting in Line
I have a friend who has been struggling along, She had unemployment benefits for almost two years. The money has stopped coming in. She is just now starting to think about what she is going to do. She is thinking about taking some courses and apply for a medical position. Why didn't she do this a year ago? Get out there and find something to do to pay those bills.
Find a New Career
A Few Ideas for Work
- Love Your Work: Enjoy Success and Money
Start a business on a shoestring. Live your dream with your own business and special talent. You can do this on a smaller budget than you may have thought. Go for it!!!
- DIY Craft Ideas: Make and Sell your Crafts
Napkins and placemats are a favorite with people. Find places to sell your crafts and enjoy making some extra money with your talents.
- Ways to Become Rich: You Can Do It
It is not easy to become rich, but most good things in life take time and planning. If you have the desire you can make this happen.
- Astrological Signs: Benefits of A Reading
Having an Astrological reading done can help you understand yourself, others and also find out trends for the future.
- Gift Baskets: Business on Less Than $1000
After reading this you should now know how you can start your own gift basket business.. Have fun coming up with ideas for the gift basket business name.