ArtsAutosBooksBusinessEducationEntertainmentFamilyFashionFoodGamesGenderHealthHolidaysHomeHubPagesPersonal FinancePetsPoliticsReligionSportsTechnologyTravel
  • »
  • Business and Employment»
  • Marketing & Sales»
  • Internet Marketing

The Social Media Platform that Pays

Updated on November 12, 2015
Source

About

Tsu is a new Social Media platform. It was started just a couple years ago. The platform is invite only. You need a special invite code which they call "shortcodes" to join. Unlike many of the other social media startups that were created around the same time, Tsu is still thriving. Many of the other platforms died off, but Tsu still has an active community. It is taking away market share from the big name companies such as Facebook and Twitter. Facebook is so worried that any mention of Tsu is automatically deleted. You can't mention the name in comments, pictures, and posts. Even Instagram(owned by Facebook) doesn't allow you to mention Tsu. You might be wondering why big name social media companies such as Facebook are getting worried. It is because Tsu pays you to share original content!

How It Works

Tsu works in a similar way to all the other social media platforms. You can share photos, thoughts, videos, links, opinions, etc. The one major difference is that TSU PAYS YOU! They encourage users to post high quality, original content. Spamming is frowned upon on this platform. They take actions to prevent spam. On this site there is no #followforfollow or #likeforlike. People follow eachother because they like the content they share. Because of this, Tsu pays you a share of ad revenue. In fact Tsu only gets 10% of the revenue. The users get the rest.

Here is how it works! You as a user post content. You generate money from the advertisements displayed on your page. Tsu takes 10% and the other 90% is broken up for the users. You get 40%, the person who invited you to the platform gets 33%, the person who invited them gets 3.3%, the person that invited them gets .33%, and so on. It works because of the law of infinite thirds. When you invite people you are also earning money from their advertisements as well. The idea is hard to put into words eloquently. Please forgive me if I did a bad job explaining it. The image below will help you make more sense of it.

If you would like to join, here is the link to sign up. Remember, the platform is invite only, so you better sign up now if you have any doubts. It might be awhile until you stumble upon another invite link. ;)

Visual of what I tried to explain above.
Visual of what I tried to explain above. | Source

My Thoughts

This is my favorite social media platform. It is cleaner(less spammy) than all the other social media platforms. I have only been on the site for a few days, and I am already making money. I like how they give incentives for people to post original content. This is what makes the platform so special. I look forward to all the new members on the platform. Remember to follow me! (:

https://www.tsu.co/friendlywebguy

Update: I will be posting a new Hub with tips and a guide to making money as a new user soon! Stay tuned!

Comments

    0 of 8192 characters used
    Post Comment

    • cmoneyspinner1tf profile image

      Treathyl FOX 21 months ago from Austin, Texas

      Saw the link to your HUBPages profile that you shared on Tsu. Thanks for hashtagging it. That's how I found it. Came over to follow you!

    • friendlywebguy profile image
      Author

      The Friendly Web Guy 2 years ago from Atlanta, Georgia

      Lipnancy,

      You can post links to your Hubs, a website you made, your blog posts, etc. You can also share pictures you create or other artwork rather than an image just found on Google.

    • Lipnancy profile image

      Nancy Yager 2 years ago from Hamburg, New York

      I am confused. What kind of original content can you post that would no t be considered spamming? Could I post a link to a hub?

    • friendlywebguy profile image
      Author

      The Friendly Web Guy 2 years ago from Atlanta, Georgia

      Please feel free to comment and give me feedback on the article. What do you want to see? Did I miss any important information? Let me know what you guys think!