Best Tips for How to Sell Used Furniture at a High Cost
It's always unfortunate when we pay a lot of money to get a great item but then realize that we can't keep it. This can happen for a variety of different reasons. We move and the stuff can't come with us. We realize that we love the design of something but it's not practical for our homes. Or we get the urge to upgrade soon after the purchase and have something great that we just don't want anymore. The reason that this is so sad is because we invested money into something and now it's used so it isn't worth nearly as much on the market.
However, there are things that you can do to increase the amount of money that you can get when selling used items. This is particularly true of used furniture if it's in good condition. That's because many people don't know where to go to get the good furniture that they want. If you can let the right people know that you have that furniture available, you can sell it for a decent amount and get some of that well-spent money back in your pocket.
Here are some tips for selling used furniture at a high cost:
- Know what it's worth. First, you should assess the true market value of the item so that you know what kind of money you're realistically looking to get. You know what you spent, but try to find out what the item would sell for now if it was brand new. Look to see if anyone else in your area is advertising sales of used items similar to yours and at what cost. And take into consideration any wear and tear that has occurred because it diminishes the value of the furniture.
- Set a price. Once you know what it's worth, set a minimum price for the sale. If you don't get a buyer for that price, wait a few weeks and try again. Make sure to account for any costs such as delivery of the furniture.
- Consider whether there's a market for the item in the area near you. Furniture like that made by Henredon is terrific but it's not right for everyone. Consider whether the type of furniture you have is likely to find a buyer in you area or if you're going to need to go with a broader region when targeting customers to purchase your furniture.
- Review your classified sales options. Although this is not always the best way to get the most money for your furniture, it can be a way to make a quick sale at a decent price. Some cities use Craigslist, others use the local newspaper for making these kinds of sales. Figure out if this is a smart choice for you or if you need to sell your furniture in another way to make more money.
- Consider holding an auction. Instead of going with an online auction like eBay, consider holding your own auction. If you don't mind putting in some time and energy to marketing this auction, it could be the best way to get the most for your furniture. Create a simple website with a blog where you will promote the auction until it's time to hold it. Advertise this blog on free websites (such as Craigslist), through email to your friends and with fliers placed in local stores. Use the blog to showcase the furniture in order to make it more appealing and help drive up the auction competition. Make sure to use lots of pictures and great descriptions to interest buyers.
There are many different ways to sell your gently used furniture. You can advertise it on sites, ask local stores if they want to buy it from you or circulate the news that you want to sell it around your social circle. However, getting more creative and selling it yourself through an online auction could be the best way to get the most for your money.
- Buy and Sell Used Furniture Locally at FurniTrader.com
- Buy and Sell Online : New and Used Furniture : Furniture Trader.com
- best of craigslist : Tips for Selling Your Used Furniture on Craiglist
- Selling Used Furniture
- We Sell Your Furniture, Inc. - Welcome!
- Your Furniture on Consignment, Chamblee, Georgia : Consignment ...