- Business and Employment»
- Customer Service & Satisfaction
To Educate your Customers should be Part of your Customer Service
Educating Customers about a Company Product is a good Investment
To educate customers about a product can be beneficial in the long term. Not only can it improve customer service but also lead to increased sales. If customers are knowledgeable about a product, they will be more likely to make the purchase. Informed customers will also recommend the product to other users through viral marketing on social media networks. It can even lead to more credibility for the company because customers will be fully informed about all the benefits of the products.
Companies should include the education of customers about their products into their marketing strategies and consider it a strategic goal. It should never be assumed that customers know how to use a product or that they are informed of any other possible uses of the product. Content marketing could be an ideal way to also communicate educational information about a product or service by adopting an educational content approach.
How can a Company educate its Customers?
There are several things a company can do to educate customers. Numerous media and channels to reach out to customers about their different products are available nowadays. With the rise of social media, more options than ever before are available. The following are some suggestions, depending on the specific target audience of the company:
- A section on the company website dedicated to providing as much information as possible about the uses of the product could be created.
- Links could be included on the company website to connect users to other useful valuable resources about the products.
- A Facebook page could be used to encourage discussions about the product and its various uses.
- YouTube could be used to demonstrate the uses of the product. There are also numerous other video hosting social media sites available, for instance, Flickr and Vimeo.
- The company could hold educational seminars about its product(s) and uses.
- A blog could be created which is dedicated to how the product should and could be used.
- The company could create a slideshow on Slideshare about the uses of its products. The Slideshare site has become a valuable source for many companies to enhance their brand image.
- It has also become popular to have frequent webinars about the uses of products or services and how to use them (to reach a wider audience).
- A newsletter dedicated to the company’s products could be used to keep customers informed about its products. By educating customers they will feel that the company is genuinely concerned about them.
Many companies can testify that investing in good customer service practices will never be a waste of valuable resources.
Content Marketing to Educate Customers
Read some of my other articles
- Business-to-business social media marketing more imperative than generating leads
Business to business social media marketing is more imperative than generating leads and sales. The focus of B2B social media marketing should be on creating striking content to influence purchasing decisions
- How to build a unique brand for your business without any marketing knowledge
A unique brand can be built without any knowledge of marketing. There are certain basic elementary principles of branding that can eventually distinguish a brand from other brands, if done persistently.