- Business and Employment
How to Set Up an Amazon Account
Follow the Easy Steps in this Tutorial To Teach You How to Set Up an Amazon Account
Amazon is a one stop shopper's paradise that not only has some of the cheapest prices available anywhere for items we need and want, but also makes our lives much more convenient. Do you want to set up an account in a safe way on Amazon and get started shopping today? Setting up an Amazon account is simple. You're credit cards and sensitive information are also hidden away, so you can rest assured that you will have a fun, safe shopping experience. So what are we waiting for? Let's get started and set up your Amazon account today.
Is Amazon Right For You?
Is shopping with Amazon the right choice for online buyers?
Is Amazon right for you? If you'd like to save money on your purchases, have the convenience of one click shopping, and even save some money on gas by having items delivered right to your house, then Amazon is the perfect choice for you. Like other shopping websites, Amazon gives a wide range of choices in the form of payment, but currently does not accept PayPal. This probably has to do with the fact that Ebay and Amazon are ecommerce rivals, and Amazon might lose some credibility and money if it bows before Ebay. While they don't accept PayPal, the checkout process is still secure on Amazon.
How to Start Setting Up Your Amazon Account
Find out how to set up your Amazon account by following these easy steps
Head to www.amazon.com to set up your account.
First, you'll want to head over to the amazon.com. You can use the links on this page if it's easier for you. Once you arrive at the Amazon home page, you'll see the shopping navigation, search box, featured items, and most importantly, at the top, the user sign in link. If you are a new customer, click new customers "start here." This should always be right at the top of the screen.
Enter in Your Primary Email Address
Enter the email address you'd like to receive notifications from Amazon.com
Next, Amazon will ask that you enter in your email address. Make sure to check off that you are a new customer and that you do not already have a password. Use an email address that you check often so that you can have shipping updates and notifications sent to this email account. In other words, use your primary email account.
Choose Your Amazon.com Password
Security details for Amazon.com and your account
Once you've entered in your email address, you will be brought to a page to enter in your email address twice to confirm, fill out your date of birth, and choose a password. Again, enter in your email address, then fill out your DOB, then choose a password. When choosing a password, pick something that no one else would guess. Don't choose your kid's name, your dog's name, or your favorite food. Choose something obscure, meaningless, and better yet, include some numbers in the password. Something like "88grittytree7" is a pretty good one. Write your password down in a secure place so you won't lose it, and proceed y clicking the yellow button.
Some of the Items You Can Buy on Amazon Right Now: - A few video games for sale on Amazon today
Amazon Account Page
The home page of your Amazon account
Now that you've entered in your password, you will be brought to your account screen. This will say "hello, (your name here)." We have recommendations for you. Not (your name here)? At any time, you can sign out of your account by clicking the "not (your name here)" link. You should sign out whenever you are about to leave your computer to prevent other people from using your account in your own home, and to protect your Amazon account.
Click the "your account" link at the top right of the screen to proceed to edit your payment options. This is where you'll decide what you'll be using to fund your purchases on Amazon, whether you're using a bank account, credit card, or other form of online payment. Don't worry, we'll try to make this as painless as possible, and as safe as possible!
View Your Account and Add Credit Cards to Your Amazon.com Account
How to add funding options to your Amazon account
On the next page, you're going to see the "Your Account" details page. This is where you can change your funding sources, change your shipping address, change your password if you wish, set up your Amazon Kindle account, view past orders, leave feedback, or return an item. Click the "add a credit card" link to add a credit card to your account to fund your purchases.
Adding a Shipping Address
Changing or adding a shipping address to your Amazon account
To change or add an address to your Amazon account, simply go back to the "your account" page. You should find links to the "your account" page no matter what page you visit on the website, right at the top. Click your account, then find "settings." Under settings, you'll see the option to manage your address book or add a new address. Choose to add a new address. For security purposes, Amazon will ask that you log in again. Continue, then fill out your address. If you live in an apartment complex with mail that is delivered to one central unit, it may be best to leave a trusted friend or relative's address nearby to ship to so that you'll avoid mail theft. If you have a P.O. Box, that's always an option too. Otherwise, enter in your physical address. Some items ship exclusively with UPS, which requires a physical address to ship to.
You're Ready to Shop on Amazon! - It's official! You're Amazon account is set up, and you're ready to shop!
Great news! The hard work is over, and now comes the fun part. You're free to shop on Amazon as you please. Just type in an item you are looking for in the search box located at the top of every page to find the items that you're looking for. Here are some additional things to keep in mind when shopping on Amazon:
- Many items are sold by Amazon, while others are sold by sellers on Amazon. Know the difference by checking who is selling the item under the item title. It should say "by Nintendo" or "by Nike" if the item is from another company besides Amazon. You can check the seller's reputation by clicking on the name of the seller. This is especially helpful when buying items of high worth.
- You can view the status of your order by clicking on your account and viewing "my orders." Some sellers will send tracking information to you.
- You can find more items than just electronics and books on Amazon. The site is now home to every item imaginable, from cereal to toilet paper to computers to cribs.
- Many items are available with free shipping. Use the "free super saver shipping" at checkout to select ground UPS shipping, which is often times free to you if you spend over a certain amount. This is why it's good to make purchases in bulk to save money on shipping.
- Check the return policy of the buyer before purchasing. If you think that you might return the item, click on the shipping and return details located in each product listing. This will tell you the individual seller's policies. Amazon itself has a good return policy on most items. View "shipping rates and policies" in the listing to find this information for each seller.
- If you wish, you can leave negative or positive feedback for the seller after your purchase has been completed. Contacting the seller with any problems also goes a long way in resolving any issues.
- Never click on emails claiming to be Amazon asking to verify your account, change your password, or log in through the email. This is an attempt from spammers to gain access to your account. Always type in the website, www.amazon.com, and log in from there. If you're curious about an email, you can contact Amazon directly through their phishing and spoofed emails page.
More Examples of Things You Can Buy on Amazon - Home furnishings for sale on Amazon
Thanks for dropping by! Hopefully you have set up an Amazon account easily and successfully by this point, and you're on your way to shopping on Amazon.com. Good luck! And if you have any questions, feel free to ask them here.
Learn More About Selling on Ebay:
- The Top Ten Products to Sell on Ebay
What products and methods will turn into cash by selling them on Ebay this year.
- How to Package and Ship Fragile Items
Bundle up items to ship via UPS, USPS and more so they reach their destination intact to a happy customer or recipient. Great for frequent Ebay sellers who specialize in breakables.
- Everything You Need to Know About Selling on Ebay
Some great general Ebay tips, plus a directory to even more Ebay selling tips.
- How to Save Money on Ebay Auction Listing Fees
Save money on Ebay listing fees by following these tips.
- Why Aren't My Ebay Auctions Making Money? 8 Quick Fixes
Have your auctions been pulling in small numbers, or no numbers? Pull a 180 with your Ebay auctions with these easy quick fixes.
© 2010 Kiwisoutback