Billrrrr profile image 89

Volvo is is predicted to exit the U.S. Car Market in 2014. Will you miss it?

24/7Wall Street has forecast 10 brands they expect to go out of business (at least in the U.S.) in 2014. Volvo and it's safe, but boxy cars are on the list. So is J.C.Penney, Martha Stewart's Magazine, Road & Track Magazine, The Barns & Noble Nook, and Mitsubishi cars. Also on the list, sadly, is the WNBA. The ladies of the National Basketball League play hard and are highly skilled - but attendance is very low.

jaydawg808 profile image88

jaydawg808 says

SidKemp profile image95

Sid Kemp (SidKemp) says

livelifeworryfree profile image85

Princess Clark (livelifeworryfree) says

• Billrrrr profile image

Bill Russo (Billrrrr) 4 years ago

I would not mind a Caddy or a BMW.

Blond Logic profile image90

Mary Wickison (Blond Logic) says

• Billrrrr profile image

Bill Russo (Billrrrr) 4 years ago

Until I read it, I did not know that Volvo only has one third of a per cent of the U.S. market. It's too small a number to be viable. Isuzu had the same problem and recently exited the U.S. market.

djdaniel150 profile image59

Daniel (djdaniel150) says

• Billrrrr profile image

Bill Russo (Billrrrr) 4 years ago

I hope you are right dj. But the facts do not support your claim that they have a strong position in the market. Since being dropped by Ford, Volvo has come under Chinese ownership and sales there are booming but in the U.S. the decline is huge.

Borsia profile image61

Borsia says

Bronterae profile image60

Bronterae says

• Billrrrr profile image

Bill Russo (Billrrrr) 4 years ago

Yes, but they make are safe cars.

Kommadant says

• Billrrrr profile image

Bill Russo (Billrrrr) 4 years ago

I was almost always a Dodge guy. Since Chrylser has been taken over by Fiat, I don't know if I will stay one. In my younger days I was a Ford guy. I liked the Model A, & the 1940s and 50s Fords but I started switching to Dodges in the 1960s.