jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Professions that require "True Commitment"

1. Jacqueline4390 profile image90
    Jacqueline4390posted 23 months ago

http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12695609.jpg
    Teaching is just one of those professions that require true commitment and dedication otherwise it can greatly impact others. Can you think of other professions where lack of interest in the workplace can negatively impact others?

Jacqueline4390posted 23 months ago in reply to this

http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/12695624.jpg
      I would even hate to contemplate the outcome if my surgeon wasn't dedicated!

2. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 23 months ago in reply to this

The truck driver coming at you.  The electrician wiring your new house.  The lineman repairing a downed line in the storm.  The airline pilot keeping you in the air.  The cop on the beat, facing death every day for your sake.  The soldier on the field.  The EMT in the ambulance you're riding in.  Even the software designer, making the software that will guide the Amtrack you're sitting in.

Even the politician you elected to run our country.  Too bad there isn't dedication and commitment (to something other than taking bribes) there; we'd have a better place to live in.

3. integrater profile image60
      integraterposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Every profession requires true commitment. A professional who does not have true commitment to his profession will not have a great career nor will he provide satisfactory solutions to his clients. Most of the problems arise because people don't show true commitment to their profession.

Jacqueline4390posted 23 months ago in reply to this

While this is true, the impact on others may not be as greatly felt regarding some professions as opposed to another. If the teenager at McDonald's get my order confused, I can just return it and get it corrected. However, when a nurse gets a medication order wrong and gives the patient the incorrect prescription it can have disturbing consequences. This is what I mean.

working