jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Globalization is needed for Internet based marketing or not?

1. profile image54
    sunil.menonposted 8 years ago

Globalization is needed for Internet based marketing or not?

Its will guide me to surive in the Global Market

2. Katzski58 profile image56
    Katzski58posted 8 years ago

Hi, I don't think Globalization is actually NEEDED for internet based marketing.
    You can use the Internet to market to local, national or international levels.
    It depends on what your product is.  There are many local, free classifieds, local newspaper classifieds, local magazines, individual clubs or society magazines online which may service your local area.  Remember Marketing = exposure.  The more local exposure, if that's what you want, the more people will find your product or service.
    Just scale it up to national or international level when you are ready.

3. lucionogue profile image69
    lucionogueposted 8 years ago

Hello, during my MBA program we as a class had the opportunity to discuss and debate this very same topic many times.

Globalization is a very sensitive topic, some will believe that is good for the world economy while others will believe that the less developed countries will suffer with the progress of globalization.

Now, answering the above question, internet is one of the very factors of why the world economy is so globalized today, so, whether one believe or not if an internet based marketing will need to be involved with globalization. The fact is that anyone who starts an online business is automatically globalizing his or her business.

I hope this helps clarify the topic.

4. surveyequipment profile image70
    surveyequipmentposted 8 years ago

Globalization is not required for Internet based marketing.

We market our products in the UK through the Internet. We also use Google AdWords which allows you to select the geographic location(s) you want your ads to run in.

We can select the UK but also distinct local areas if required.

working