jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I have to take a drug test to be employed, shouldn't people collecting unemploym

1. OprahJr profile image52
    OprahJrposted 8 years ago

I have to take a drug test to be employed, shouldn't people collecting unemployment be held to the s

2. Silver Poet profile image70
    Silver Poetposted 8 years ago

I have heard this question posed before by a friend and I agree with the sentiment.  I think it's fair for both groups to be drug tested.

3. GoGranny profile image78
    GoGrannyposted 8 years ago

Yes, I agree. And I think more importantly welfare recipients should be randomly tested as well. Life is difficult for sure, but everyone should be held to the same standard. What about our elected officials...they should not be excluded either.

4. Dr Ken Romeo profile image60
    Dr Ken Romeoposted 7 years ago

Not to duck your premise, but drug tests are expensive and who is going to pay for them? The cost of unemplyment insurance is high enough for us and our employers. I'd rather have the extra money in my pocket to spend on what I want.
    You can only collect unemployment benefits if you have worked and paid into it  along with your employer. In today's economy, many people have been laid off through no fault of their own. They need the unemployment insurance benefits.
    I understand where you are coming from and in many ways I agree, but I don't want even more money taken out of my check for "drug tests."

working