jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Would you tell me what your biggest time management problems are

1. Lorraine Arams profile image60
    Lorraine Aramsposted 8 years ago

Would you tell me what your biggest time management problems are

Do you have time management problems? 
    What are they?  Can you explain why you are having issues with your time management? 
    Is it in your personal life or your business life? 
    What factors do you think prevent you from managing your time effectively? 
    Have you had time management training?  If so, which ones?  Did it help?  If not, why not? 
    Do you feel that time management is learned or it's a natural process?
    Would you share with me some of your thoughts about time management. 
    Thanks for your input.

2. profile image0
    collegecareerlifeposted 8 years ago

One time management problem for me is estimating how long a project will take.  Sometimes a task takes much longer than anticipated and eats into time I should be spending on something else.  To help solve this problem, I usually overestimate the amount of time I think I'll spend on a given activity.  Some people will be better at time management due to certain personality traits, but it is generally a skill that comes with experience.

3. hublim profile image80
    hublimposted 8 years ago

I would have answered this earlier but I had... other things to do.

Procrastination is a major time management issue.  People tend to leave the least appealing tasks last putting them off as much as they can which can lead to missed targets.

4. Quillee profile image61
    Quilleeposted 7 years ago

There is same reasons why people have managment problems. I want to present short list, which problems are worst for me:

- lack of clear purpose, what you want to achieve in your life, work etc.
    - procrastination, as hublim said above; if you have lot of time to do something, it doesn't mean that you can put this action away over and over,
    - you not doing "to do" lists;
    - surfing in internet without any reason or purpose

This is the list my worst problems with time managment. Sometimes, I've spent lot of time doing nothig because above reasons. I hope I've help a little with your question smile