I'd like to get a part-time job writing. Can anyone shed some light on some begi

1. jmacc213 profile image55
    jmacc213posted 8 years ago

I'd like to get a part-time job writing. Can anyone shed some light on some beginning steps?

I write very well and feel that I need help in searching for a position. Please keep all obvious answers to yourself (i.e.: write something), thanx.

2. anycollection profile image60
    anycollectionposted 8 years ago

I have written for both Elance and iFreelance. Those two are the ones I've made the most money from being a member of. And I have been, or am a member of, A LOT of these websites. You generally earn more from writing fore freelance websites than you do from writing for websites like infobarrel, hubpages and bukisa.

You can join Elance for free but they charge you a service fee of around 7% of what you earn. iFreelance howewer charges monthly fee of around $5 but they do not charge any service fees.

3. Jaynie2000 profile image91
    Jaynie2000posted 7 years ago

Try your hand at freelance. I'd suggest visiting bookstores and perusing magazines to see what types of articles they run. Check out submission guidelines.

Also, think outside the box about submissions. Assuming that travel articles are only accepted by travel magazines, for example, may be short sighted. What about women's magazines, airline magazines, business company magazines or newsletters.

You might also check publishers of anthologies and try your hand at short story writing.

There are always contests appealing to a variety of genres such as poetry, short stories, novella, novels, etc. There is usually a fee associated with submissions, but if you're confident in your work, you might find that you can win some prize money. Not only is that a one time paycheck, but it might be a springboard to more lucrative writing opportunities. Contest winners are also often published in the magazines that sponsor the contests.

Consider offering editing services to other writers. This isn't actually writing, but it makes a great resume builder and is a critical service.

working