jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

If you were starting a small business how much would you spend on a new computer

1. RavenSaint profile image56
    RavenSaintposted 8 years ago

If you were starting a small business how much would you spend on a new computer?

Looking for a price range that most low income business owners would feel comfortable with and not sacrifice function for price. Most of the business owners I will be dealing with have no access to loans or grants for small businesses.

2. treeasa profile image51
    treeasaposted 8 years ago

hai raven.. it wil be according to the budget  and nature of ur buss..if u need a highly graphical usage system ,,my reccomentation is around 30,000.... if u need a system for jst loimitted purposes ucn have it around 15,000, as i say earlier that will depend on ur need.... tc

3. mel22 profile image59
    mel22posted 8 years ago

I ran a self proprietiorship window installation business... I felt I only needed the comp 4 a few templated things like a  company stationery, a few marketing booklets 2 be made for ongoing clients 2 promte the business. The comp was (600-700 dollars and a software suite install was about 600 dollars)  this included  picture it publishing 4 marketing  booklets  2 potential general contractors and also was good 4 biz cards, evelope printing with logo for return address, pre-printing marketing ads 4 sending out to a local mass mailer. I would also suggest also Quickbooks 4 accounting and you should be set.
    700+600+250= $1550/comp.. if you plan 2 have a few comps installed through a gateway or router than times by the amount you need and add a little 4 the extra routering products and possibly extra 4 installation if not planning 2 do yourself.

4. econsurvivalist profile image56
    econsurvivalistposted 8 years ago

I would definitely buy a used computer with some decent specs on Craigslist.  Companies have been downsizing for a few years now and have tons of extra computers.  My company has bought excellent computers for $100 each including monitors through craigslist.  Save your capital and buy used if you're a startup.

5. kgormley1960 profile image58
    kgormley1960posted 7 years ago

I wouldn't spend more than about $700.00 - $800.00 when you're just starting out in your small business. You can always upgrade as your business grows. A computer at this price should get you through your first 3 - 5 years of business and maybe even more. My first computer lasted me 10 years of business.