jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Should a retired person go for another job?

1. cupid51 profile image73
    cupid51posted 7 years ago

Should a retired person go for another job?

After working up to the age of sixty years should a person go for another job without extreme financial crises?

2. profile image52
    Tiffany5255posted 7 years ago

I've known a few retired people who've gotten full or part time jobs because they felt bored or didn't know what to do with themselves once they retired. I say if there's nothing that physically restricts a  person from getting a job then they should go for it.

3. profile image0
    Baileybearposted 7 years ago

I have known retired people that have taken a part-time job to keep busy, meet people, feel useful etc.  I've known others in their 70s that refuse to retire as they are too controlling to hand their business over.

If the money isn't needed, a voluntary role might be attractive.  Many people that retire drop dead if they have nothing to do and feel they have no purpose in life.

4. ExpandYourMind profile image73
    ExpandYourMindposted 7 years ago

Some retired workers miss the interaction with coworkers and the intellectual stimulation they got from their position so they try to stay connected with part-time work and/or by developing a hobby.  Other retired persons start a new career.  The decision incorporates a number of factors including finances, interests, skills and desire.

5. SteveoMc profile image74
    SteveoMcposted 7 years ago

I am 62, I found a job that pays my medical and gives me spending money.   I love the job, right now I feel that I could work another 10 years.     I can stop work and draw ss if I want to, but I want to work because it is fun.

working