jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Any other money making opportunities being an online writer ?

1. phonegamesguy profile image81
    phonegamesguyposted 7 years ago

Any other money making opportunities being an online writer ?

Anyone care to share other money making opportunities by writing online, especially with payment up front instead of revenue share like most sites are. Recommend me your best!

2. zoey24 profile image75
    zoey24posted 7 years ago

you could submit some of your articles to online magazines or newspapers, if they are interested in your articles they will pay you, and could even make it a regular thing if they believe it is something their readers would be interested in.

3. profile image0
    Bhart1989posted 7 years ago

Use tryond. Its also like hub pages but with different procedures. You can generate great revenue form there.You may also try for squidoo.It is best.

4. fundamentallife profile image60
    fundamentallifeposted 7 years ago

Write for your own blog or blogs, on your preferred subjects. Write articles and submit them to WorldVillages (http://worldvillage.com) and make adsense income.

5. phonegamesguy profile image81
    phonegamesguyposted 7 years ago

thanks for the suggestions so far, I already have a blog but while waiting for that to build up revenue I'm looking for some other more immediate revenue sources!
    @Bhart1989: i have no luck in finding anything about "tryond"
    @fundamentallife: wordvillage is giving a DB error atm but i will check it out

6. emotrance profile image56
    emotranceposted 7 years ago

The best way I have always found to make money online as a writer is to write and publish ebooks. If you do it yourself, you get royalties at 100% paid instantly and no editors = an author's dream job!!!

7. wychic profile image91
    wychicposted 7 years ago

You can try getting a foot into the freelance market...my favorite site is Elance, though I've also used Guru with some good results. It does take a lot of work to get to the point where you're consistently getting new work, and nearly all of the jobs you're going to get will be for full rights to what you've written, but you write a set amount for a set payment that gets paid as soon as you're done. I am a full-time writer and do a combination of freelancing and affiliate sites/programs. The freelancing gets my set paycheck in, then my writing here and on Helium, Associated Content, and Epinions as well as my AdSense and other affiliate ads on my own sites is my recurring revenue.

At first the recurring bit may hardly seem worth it, but I strongly recommend setting a little time aside for it every day, eventually it will become substantial and it will give you a bit of the stability that freelancing is otherwise lacking. Right now I know that if something happens and I can't write anything new all month, I'll still get about 30% of my normal monthly income through recurring sources. In addition, you might just be surprised who finds your work on these affiliate sites...I have a few very steady and fairly lucrative clients that contacted me after reading some of my articles and seeing in my bio that I'm full-time.

As for Bhart's recommendation...I believe you'll find something if you search "Triond." I personally haven't tried it, but have heard good things. I've also had a lot of people recommend Suite 101 and Demand Studios, though again haven't personally tried them yet.

8. bettanywire profile image56
    bettanywireposted 7 years ago

Make a blog, nurture it, optimize it and make it popular as much as possible bring it on top of Google then many people will interest to promote their products with your blog in this case you can earn money from them.

9. roxsilver profile image57
    roxsilverposted 7 years ago

Truly, creating your own product (ebook, etc.) is the fastest way to make "good" money writing.  I know it sounds daunting, but it's very doable.  There are ways to make it easier, faster, and more lucrative.  Good luck.

working