jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How is the online writing going? Are you able to that only and live?

1. mimind profile image59
    mimindposted 7 years ago

How is the online writing going? Are you able to that only and live?

Im curious as I have a sister who got laid off she announced she was going to not look for a new job instead build and live off of residual income.

2. goldenpath profile image72
    goldenpathposted 7 years ago

Not yet, but I know that misha has recently mentioned that he currently is full-time living off his online efforts.  He is one of the icons here that we should learn techniques from.

3. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 7 years ago

Yes, I live solely off of my writing. That said, I do not live solely off of Hubpages. If your sister is just now starting from scratch, she has a lot of scrambling to do if she needs to be able to make the bills right away, though if she's willing to work hard in the freelancing marketplace as well as affiliate sites then she may be able to do it. She also needs to understand that this really is WORK, and will require a daily commitment of focused time. I've been full-time for just over three years, and now I can usually make my commitments with 6-8 hours per day during the week and a couple of hours on Saturday. When I started, it took 80-hour weeks to make what I'm making now.

4. roxsilver profile image54
    roxsilverposted 7 years ago

If your sister learns how to do it right, it is possible.

5. rachellrobinson profile image80
    rachellrobinsonposted 7 years ago

I have just started and am not making enough to buy a can of soda (: that being said I think it's possible to write and make good money, I would recommend not focusing too much online though, that she should get a copy of Writer's Market and look into freelancing that way also.

6. XRobertsbabyX profile image57
    XRobertsbabyXposted 7 years ago

I *could* and pretty much do easily live off of writing online alone, but that is from writing mostly flat fee articles. My revshare article earnings are still minuscule compared to my living costs. I do however, have an additional couple hundred coming in every month, but that is for a full time nanny gig that I pretty much do for the enjoyment of it. (I make less than 2 an hour for that most of the time)