jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is Internet Business anything for the Retired- -if so why?

1. Liv Senstad profile image60
    Liv Senstadposted 7 years ago

Is Internet Business anything for the Retired- -if so why?

I wonder if internet business is anything for people 65 +. What could they benefit from going into the learning process of starting an online-business?

2. Pablo_Gonzalez profile image57
    Pablo_Gonzalezposted 7 years ago

Interesting answer yenajeon. As an online business owner as well, I've seen all aspects of personalities and ages in this industry, both successful and struggling.

But in regards to your question Liv, I believe that if you truly want to learn this industry and become successful, age does not matter.

I've personally met an older gentleman, previously a physician, who had begun this industry at the age of 73. In one year he was able to gain back all the losses he experienced in a previous business venture that went south.

So truthfully, the online industry is not as easy as most make it out to be. But if anyone is willing to put forth the effort to learn, then I honestly don't see an issue with age.

Hope this answer helped Liv. Have a great rest of the week and Happy New Year!

3. Terje Sannarnes profile image60
    Terje Sannarnesposted 7 years ago

I totally agree on what Pablo is saying that age doesn't matter. It is all about correct mindset and to be persistent in what ever type of business you do. There are many 65+ which have created a "new fortune" going online.

4. Jan Fowler profile image59
    Jan Fowlerposted 7 years ago

Well I say, "Why not?". Age does not guarantee anything. If you have the desire and the mental capacity to grow and learn new skills, an online internet business is for you. You work the hours you want to work since the internet operates 24/7 and there is an abundance of training in all areas from SEO to site building, etc.

And keeping your brain active as you age helps to keep your mind sharp and focused along with the extra income to spend on things that will make you happy. This could wind up extending your lifespan. As a matter of fact, I believe that starting an online business could be one of the best things for a senior person to do for themsleves.

5. Article Magick profile image60
    Article Magickposted 7 years ago

Age has nothing to do with whether or not you are successful in business online or not - only those with little experience in business will ever claim the contrary!
    I have a daughter of 11 years who makes money online and a friend in his 70s who has been in business for over 50 years who is now building a successful online business.
    It is ALL business at the end of the day... and good business is built on good foundations; good manners, good customer care and good sense.
    Good luck has a small part to play also!

6. Mavis Nong profile image57
    Mavis Nongposted 7 years ago

Age doesn't matter at all. As long as you have the willingness to learn, the drive and passion to get what you want in life, then anyone can become successful in internet marketing regardless of their age.