jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Does Google have too much power?

1. RunescapePro profile image58
    RunescapeProposted 7 years ago

Does Google have too much power?

It seems to me that whatever Google says becomes law in the world of search engines. What do you think about them?

2. profile image0
    ryankettposted 7 years ago

Probably, but as long as they continue to provide the overwhelming majority of my business traffic I couldn't care less.

What are the alternatives? Bing is owed by Microsoft, now they definitely are a company with too much power, double the revenue of Google. Yahoo! are also a major corp.

So no, not really, not if they are holding market share away from Gates & Co.

Bing and Yahoo have their own formulas for ranking, and SEO differs slightly accordingly. If what Google says becomes law, then Yahoo and Bing must be copying them.

3. Right On Time profile image63
    Right On Timeposted 7 years ago

not as much as Microsoft .                                                                   .

4. rich_hayles profile image57
    rich_haylesposted 7 years ago

Much like anything, we all have options. People choose to use google for all types of services, so really it is all of us that have made them what they are.
    In theory we are all to blame if you believe they are too powerful.
    I personally think its great as they are innovators. Google maps is a brilliant piece of software.

working