jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

I work for a man (My boss) who everyday for the last two weeks has belittled me

1. profile image46
    mademployeeposted 7 years ago

I work for a  man (My boss) who everyday for the last two weeks has belittled me in front of...

patients and yelled at me, he tells me that i am not to talk at all, and that nothing I ever say will ever be right because he is 100% right and he always will be, that there will never ever come a time when I am right and he is wrong! He tells me to do something one way and then comes back and tells me that no he wants it done another way and  "what do I not understand about that" in a very ugly and demeaning way when he has just given me instructions to do things the way he has just told me to do them but obviously came back and changed his mind. He is very threatining about my job and tells

2. taja609 profile image60
    taja609posted 7 years ago

You should definitely talk to the person in charge of the hospital (I presumed it is a hospital you are working at as you mentioned patients). Do not let people talk down to you no matter who they are in professional relation to you.
    Try to stop this behavior in any way you can, I realize it is not easy especially as your career may depend on it but this is called ABUSE and it is punished by the internal laws of the state in any way it may occur. Good luck!

3. profile image48
    kelly caseposted 7 years ago

What I would do is tell whoever is in charge of all employees. Taja609 is correct, that is abuse no matter how they put it. My mother went through the same abuse at work and at home with my step-father when they first got married. She finally stood up for herself and has had not one problem in either place. Plus she is respected more at work for sticking up for herself.

4. Shahid Bukhari profile image60
    Shahid Bukhariposted 6 years ago

Threats should always be treated as Real ... particularly, if the Boss is unsure ... of his own bearings ...

Watch out ... for these people ... with some supervisory experience as "Lab Administrators" ... get themselves planted as "Bosses" ... rising from petty administrative positions, on the basis of some "Talent" ... or Cheap cost of their Services.

But the Practice of Medicine, is a serious business ... make sure, the Boss gives you Written Instructions regarding Prescriptions ... unless you want to get blamed as the culprit in a Law Suit, for damages.

5. ArtAsLife profile image60
    ArtAsLifeposted 6 years ago

That is employee abuse and is 100% illegal, If he is the leader of all emplyees confront the other employees. If he isnt then go to his boss, and let them know:) Good luck

6. Mr. Happy profile image82
    Mr. Happyposted 6 years ago

You can probably tell him that putting people down in order to feel better, will not be satisfactory for him in the long term. He should deal with his self-esteem issues and his problems with managing his anger.
    Just explain to him that it is not fair for the people that work with him to put-up with an @$#-hole on a daily basis.
    I would ... (or you can pass me on his information and I will lol).

working