jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Whats involved when switching hosting companies?

1. rpalulis profile image82
    rpalulisposted 7 years ago

Whats involved when switching hosting companies?

I hired a company called iEplexus a while back to get me started on a blog, www.pure-n-simplesoap.com.  They designed it for me and took care of all the SEO stuff.  Great services great support too expensive, so I eventually opted out of the services and just pay $25.00 a month to have the site hosted through them.  I still fee this is way too expensive especially considering the bold doesn't make any money.
    What involved switch hosting companies and can I still use the same domain name and template and what recommendations do you have for hosting companies?

2. lucysposaro profile image61
    lucysposaroposted 7 years ago

i use bigcommence there great and cheap and its easy to use there tools

3. ronnoco profile image62
    ronnocoposted 6 years ago

I use 000webhost.com (That's 3 zeros) and they are Free! I have a total of 10 websites and blogs with email, with them and never had a problem.

4. Entourage_007 profile image87
    Entourage_007posted 6 years ago

$25 is way too much money to pay for website hosting, especially when you can actually get premium hosting for only $6.95 a month which is what i pay.  I have written a few articles recently about hosting companies and how to choose the best one. I'm sure you'll find them helpful.

As far as switching hosting companies it can be very simple if the new hosting company allows it.  The one that I use does allow it and they also allow hosting on an unlimited amount of domain names.  One of my favorite features of the hosting company I use is the fact that you can register a domain name for free when you sign up, and you can also get a refund if you arent satisfied. 

If I were you I would drop that hosting company as fast as lightning and switch.  $25 a month?  I only pay about $84 a year and you shouldn't have to pay a penny more either.

working