jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you think the life of a doctor is hard or glamorous?

1. drdspervez profile image69
    drdspervezposted 7 years ago

Do you think the life of a doctor is hard or glamorous?

2. QudsiaP1 profile image60
    QudsiaP1posted 7 years ago

I think it is not easy being a doctor because while helping others you sacrifice a lot on a personal level.

3. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

being a good doctor is not easy. they have long hours and live in life and death situations every day. plastic surgeons , in most cases are a different story, they live to make money and to make themselves look like super heroes.

4. maverickserp profile image57
    maverickserpposted 7 years ago

If someone really wants to become a doctor and it's his/her passion, it's not hard. If he/she is happy with her career, nothing is hard.

5. ExpandYourMind profile image75
    ExpandYourMindposted 7 years ago

Both. Many years of school and long working hours -- depending on your specialty. However, doctors enjoy good earnings and are generally looked up to as a profession.

6. martygoldengate profile image68
    martygoldengateposted 7 years ago

I see nothing glamorous about being a doctor, although strangely, most doctors I meet seem very happy, and incidentally, very healthy (that second part isn't strange, however).  I think that looking into disease is the most unglamorous thing I could imagine, because glamor involves beauty and, I think, beauty comes from health, and not from make-up.  Many people prone to envy will criticize the popular image of doctors as rich people; however, I feel that they earn their living by confronting constantly the unhappy side of life: the diseases we all might suffer.

7. craftybegonia profile image76
    craftybegoniaposted 7 years ago

My sister was married to a doctor. Their life is hard, that is, if they have any dedication to their profession.

working