How to remember the passwords?

1. Vishaaa profile image78
    Vishaaaposted 7 years ago

How to remember the passwords?

I have so many mail accounts and web accounts. But I keep on forgetting the passwords. I'm scared of writing it down,if anybody access the written note. please help.

2. johnmoore1 profile image60
    johnmoore1posted 7 years ago

I have been using KeePass to store my passwords for the past few months. 

I was reluctant about using a password management tool.  I finally decided to give it a try... and now there's no looking back. 

A password management tool should store your information in an encrypted file.  A good one will also launch your browser, send you to a site and then automatically log you in. 

I love logging on in seconds rather than looking for passwords or feeling guilty that I'm reusing a password.

There are a number of good products that I looked at.  I chose KeePass because it had great reviews and because it's open source... i.e. Free. 

Some people will be concerned about OpenSource having security holes.  That may be a small concern, however I tend to hear more about security holes in commercial software.  Open Source tends to be examined more closely by the community.  In addition, KeePass uses industrial strength encryption.

Ohhh.... and I'm really not associated with them.  I have just enjoyed using the software.

Closed to reply