jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What are your thoughts on SEO? Is it ruining the fun of the article writing proc

1. john.jackson profile image71
    john.jacksonposted 7 years ago

What are your thoughts on SEO? Is it ruining the fun of the article writing process?

I now find that some of my person favourite articles are in fact the ones that are recieving barely any hits. Whereas the one or two that I have invested a small amount of time in SEO for recieve a few more a day. This seems to have taken the whole fun out of writing. What are your views?

2. fibo777 profile image60
    fibo777posted 7 years ago

It does, but I suppose we have a few purposes by writing hubs. One is having fun and another is making money. So, it is part of the game. Maybe good seo will bring a lot of visitors later. This will inspire you to write more and give you a lot of fun.

3. mortgage-news profile image60
    mortgage-newsposted 7 years ago

I agree that it is hurting the quality of the writing as more and more people are focused on key words; so much so that it is a distraction to the natural witing process. It definitely is diluting the quality of online articles.

4. dingdondingdon profile image57
    dingdondingdonposted 7 years ago

I try to combine the two, and write about what interests me in an entertaining way while still paying attention the SEO of the article.

5. sebusharma profile image59
    sebusharmaposted 7 years ago
  6. gposchman profile image83
    gposchmanposted 7 years ago

If you are writing to be read, then you need to be aware about what you are writing and what is needed to bring viewers to your work.  I write, and then I edit, and then I look at terms that are important to what I am writing about.  It is part of the creative process and if you want to be seen then you do what is legitimately necessary.

Gene Poschman

7. muftdagyan profile image59
    muftdagyanposted 7 years ago

It does,but seo is most important thing if you need visitors to your site from search engines.

8. Hunbbel Meer profile image87
    Hunbbel Meerposted 7 years ago

It surely does. It more often diverts the natural feeling of writing, and hurts the article with the density of keywords sprayed all over the article.

9. Carol Micheals profile image29
    Carol Michealsposted 6 years ago

As SEO is part of the process of writing online I find it to be a necessary evil. However, I write to make some extra money therefore SEO is part of the game. Being part of the game it makes my writing with SEO more fun. It is a lot of fun if your Hubs get ranked especially in the first page of Google. You get a lot of fun to find that your Hubs are being read by more and more people and thus giving you more money. It is not fun if you write a great Hub but no body reads it at all.