jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What traits do you think are essential for all good leaders to have?

1. Ross Harrison profile image61
    Ross Harrisonposted 6 years ago

What traits do you think are essential for all good leaders to have?

I am thinking about leadership, and wrote an article about the apparent lack of it here in Japan after the earthquake (http://hubpages.com/hub/whats-happened- … s-in-Japan).   
    It seems to me that there are fewer great leaders these days than there used to be and I would like to research why that may be, or if I am not giving current leaders enough credit where it is due.
    Understanding leadership is important, not only in politics and business, but also in our own personal lives.
    What leadership traits can we use on a day-to-day basis?

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image99
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

Fearless honesty.  How can one lead if he can't tell the truth of a matter without fear of recourse?

3. Rooskaya profile image48
    Rooskayaposted 6 years ago

A good leader must possess the following traits-

1.Must be Knowledgeable
    2.A good communicator with convincing power
    3.Decision maker
    4.Must be open for the suggestions made by his followers
    5.Reliable,patient,honest

4. profile image0
    Dandraposted 6 years ago

Earplugs - to block out the noise of all the whining.                        .

5. ThunderKeys profile image63
    ThunderKeysposted 6 years ago

I once read some great research about what's called the "leadership attribution bias." Accordingly, the most popular and effective, business and political leaders gain that status more because of the supportive, social, economic and organizational (skilled people, culture, processes, systems and structures) conditions that surround them, then the personal attributes or qualities that they have. That is, given these optimal conditions, many different leadership styles and personalities would succeed in the leadership role.

Conversely, many strong leaders have failed because optimal supportive conditions were not present. If they were, these leaders would also be very successful.

- Duddy.

6. HERBERT ubaldo profile image58
    HERBERT ubaldoposted 6 years ago

A good leader knows how to handle his men even the most difficult times of his term.
    He must be fair in judgement. He knows how to balance situations. He must be an open minded among his men. He leads the group/community effectively. He must be understanding and Kind.

working