jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What can I do with an associates degree in phsycology

1. lorettad1970 profile image56
    lorettad1970posted 6 years ago

What can I do with an associates degree in phsycology

2. Jonesy0311 profile image60
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

Unfortunately, there is very little available in the psychology field without a graduate degree. I have known many psychology majors to be waitresses and waiters while they contemplate grad school. An AA in Psychology is worth about as much as an AA in any other liberal art: not much. You may want to look into being an assistant counselor/behavioral science tech at a mental health clinic. If that AA is going to be your terminal degree, I recommend that you find a nice government job (may want to take some civil service tests) so you know you won't get fired and just ride it out. Otherwise, you are going to be applying for $25,000 a year jobs that you could have gotten anyway out of high school.

3. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 6 years ago

Congratulations, you get to -- go back for more school. Sadly, this seems to be the way with a heck of a lot of degrees, the Associate's doesn't really get you into a lot of jobs in the field. However, my husband has a Bachelor's in psychology (still not enough to qualify for many jobs), and it has served him pretty well in advising me with marketing.

4. Myriam St-Hilaire profile image53
    Myriam St-Hilaireposted 6 years ago

There are many many jobs you can with such degree such as HR, marketing, councilor, community worker, govnmt jobs, etc. Don't despair, human sciences opens many doors for you.