jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

information on becoming a Lawyer with a two year degree?

1. profile image44
    lillianrichardsonposted 8 years ago

information on becoming a Lawyer with a two year degree?

2. Lalulinho profile image79
    Lalulinhoposted 7 years ago

One of two ways. 

First, get in to Northwestern University School of Law in Chicago and do an accelerated J.D. program.  See here:

http://www.law.northwestern.edu/academics/ajd/

Second, go to UK and get an L.L.B degree if you already have a BA or BS in the United States or the UK.   I am not sure that every school does one, but I do have a friend who studied in the US and got a law degree in two years at Oxford.  (Remember that normally in the UK, university is 3 years AND you can study law as an undergrad, which is why they let you do a second bachelor's degree in two).

3. Research Analyst profile image81
    Research Analystposted 7 years ago

The best companies that I found that help with becoming a lawyer is The Law Office Study Program (LOSP) is a program that allows you to learn the trade and prepare for the bar exam. The LOSP is a program in which you work directly under a practicing attorney to learn the trade.

4. TheLawyerLink profile image57
    TheLawyerLinkposted 7 years ago

Do you mean, "How do I become a lawyer in 2 years rather than 3?" or do you mean, "I have a 2-year associates degree and I want to now become a lawyer...?"

In the US, you must have an undergraduate degree, not an associates degree, to apply to and be accepted by a law school.

If you already have a bachelors and want to finish law school in two years, it is possible but highly unusual and not recommended.  But, you could probably do a years worth of law school during the 2 summers you would normally spend clerking, if you can find a school that offers this.

working