Who has started their own freelance writing business and has experiences or tips

1. Sarah Masson profile image69
    Sarah Massonposted 6 years ago

Who has started their own freelance writing business and has experiences or tips to share?

Has it been successful?  Do you enjoy it?  How did you begin?  etc.

2. Jessi10 profile image76
    Jessi10posted 6 years ago

I first started writing on Both Helium and Triond: http://www.triond.com/rw/356296
    when I started my freelance business. Both of these websites are great to start off with, and it can make it easier for the writer to make money right off the bat.

I say first start your portfolio with either by writing about any subject, or choosing subjects that are being searched for everyday online. Then, learn all about marketing and how to use Social networking sites to your advantage.
    I highly enjoyed writing online because it really gave me the pull that I needed to make money for myself.
    Once you get the hang of it, its amazing!

3. SpikeTheLobster profile image77
    SpikeTheLobsterposted 6 years ago

I started in November 2008, with the common route of rev share sites (like HubPages). After a month or two of that, I realised that it wouldn't cover my short-term income needs so I switched to the bidding sites.

From there and other sources, I've picked up a few regular clients so that I now have enough work to write part-time and continue being a full-time carer. It's very successful, though the pay is a little lower than I'd like (since I trade a lower rate for flexibility with my truly bizarre schedule and a constant flow of work).

If I didn't have my other responsibilities, I'd go full-time. smile

working