jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you deal with an unchallenging, boring job?

1. Amitch5684 profile image58
    Amitch5684posted 6 years ago

How do you deal with an unchallenging, boring job?

2. Emma Harvey profile image90
    Emma Harveyposted 6 years ago

It depends on what it is. If you can develop in your job, then ask your employer to send you on courses to learn or get a promotion. Try and take on more responsibility by showing you are capable. Or try and make the most out of it. Get involved in outside activities with your colleagues or bring new interesting ideas to your workplace.

3. Amitch5684 profile image58
    Amitch5684posted 6 years ago

I've been there and done that already. I think it's just time for me to move on. Thanks for the response.

4. supplies expert profile image60
    supplies expertposted 6 years ago

Take that extra time you have to search for a better opportunity, with the opportunities you get to work with other people in other companies keep in contact with them and always keep your eyes for something new. At least now you're collecting a pay check and if you find something else you will have a good reason to leave and won't regret it.

5. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 6 years ago

Personally -- I quit. That said, I've always had an entrepreneur bone in my body, and by time I hit 20 and the daycare was raising my son while I wasted away at Wal-Mart, it was time to change. I went into freelancing, and am now working on developing a training course to help other budding freelancers. I have daily challenge, and if it ever starts to get boring or doesn't challenge me enough then I up the ante. So far I have stretched far beyond what I ever thought I could do, and have all the pieces in place to soar much higher. A wise man once said that you should never settle, and I know that has certainly worked well in my life.