jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

If you were to work from home, what job would you choose to do?

1. Emma Harvey profile image91
    Emma Harveyposted 6 years ago

If you were to work from home, what job would you choose to do?

A lot of us on Hubpages either write for payment or are working towards that. But some just do it for fun or another social network. I have tried at home businesses in the past - I gave up one as I got lonely being at home all day long. But things in my life have changed and I am now ready to start a new venture - but a different one this time! I have the experience of being my own boss and dealing with my tax. I have read so many articles about working online in various ways or setting up at home, but what are the popular choices, and do people really try them out?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5561780_f260.jpg

2. jacqui2011 profile image83
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

Unfortunately, I have not yet been successful working from home. Most of the online work that I applied for turned out to be scams. In the past when I lived in Scotland, I ran a successful registered childminding business for around 11 years and was lucky as I got to be at home with my children while earning money from home. My older daughter no longer lives at home and my 10 year old is in school, and I would love to work from home instead of 40 hours per week as a nursery nurse in town. I love writing and one day I would love to be able to earn an income from it, until then its back to the grindstone for me!

3. gvannorman150 profile image70
    gvannorman150posted 6 years ago

Working from home takes a lot of discipline. That is the biggest issue that people have with it.  There is no one there to keep you moving to get the job done.  I have done writing and SEO work for others all online.

What kept me moving to get the job done was payment.  I would require 50% up front and the rest on completion of the project.  Now the project was not complete until the customer or client was satisfied with the results.

4. wychic profile image87
    wychicposted 6 years ago

I do work from home, and for now I'm a freelance writer. In the beginning I also picked up some transcription work, and now I'm transitioning into a business built around my training program for freelancers. I'm in the midst of getting it launched now -- and trying to hurry on the launch video before I'm really obviously pregnant tongue. I will say that it wasn't easy to get into this full-time, and I started out doing 80-hour weeks for very little pay -- thankfully, that didn't last long. I love the work that I do, and it has gotten progressively more rewarding over the last five years. As far as I'm concerned, I'm never ever ever going to be employed (that is, work for an employer) ever again.

working