jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you think the loss of Steve Jobs will have any major influences on Apple?

1. anjaycrossroad profile image70
    anjaycrossroadposted 6 years ago

Do you think the loss of Steve Jobs will have any major influences on Apple?

2. kautilyan profile image60
    kautilyanposted 6 years ago

The loss this Tech wiz definitely will have an impact as the organization has lost a visionary leader which led Apple to great heights. so the new leaders of organization should be bold enough like Jobs to see new directions and make Apple the most innovative organization ever.

3. OutsideTheLines profile image60
    OutsideTheLinesposted 6 years ago

I hope not, but sadly there most likely will be. Tim Cook has some big shoes to fill and he needs to stay fresh with ideas to keep up with Steve's pace. RIP Steve. You will be missed.

4. biliph profile image57
    biliphposted 6 years ago

When the Mr. Jobs was booted out from Apple, the company went on downward spiral since it behaved like all the other computer companies did (lots of products and no focus, models of products known by unintelligible serial numbers, and computers that very much look like computers from other companies). During this time I believe Apple almost died because Mr. Jobs' philosophy of innovation and design in terms of simplicity and ease of use wasn't ingrained that much in the organization.

When Mr. Jobs came back he trimmed down the product lines, focused on a few and introduced "sexy" gadgets beginning with the iMac. Now being a tech giant that Apple is right now, I think Mr. Jobs has already deeply embedded his philosophies of design in innovation in the Apple organization by picking the right people to succeed him and developing a user-centric organizational culture such that it would still be a market leader, even without direct influence. Also take the fact that Mr. Jobs is also instrumental in catapulting Pixar to what it is now from an obscure animation company, which he did without even knowing a thing about 3d animation.

working