jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you believe in unemployment?

1. JosieLee profile image76
    JosieLeeposted 6 years ago

Do you believe in unemployment?

2. Jesus was a hippy profile image60
    Jesus was a hippyposted 6 years ago

How could I not believe in it? It exists.

3. stugod profile image75
    stugodposted 6 years ago

I think the question needs re phrasing. Or editing would not post not enough letters so ignore the rest of this drivel he he

4. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

I'm not sure exactly what you mean - do you have some doubts that unemployment exists? Unemployment certainly exists. From next week, this will be the second time I've been made redundant from a company within the last 5 years and I will be 'unemployed'.

5. Marturion profile image61
    Marturionposted 6 years ago

I am taking a leap and suggest that you are referring to unemployment compensation. And the answer is "yes." Most people who have a problem with it think of it as a welfare-type scenario.  If that were the case, my answer might be different.  Unemployment Compensation is, and always has been, an insurance fund.  One that we all pay into each and every paycheck, so that we can have a safety net in case the worse happens.  Anyone who has had to go on it can tell you - you don't get any more than you put in.  And you have to jump through a number of hoops to do that.

6. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

Did you mean to say "aliens"?

7. Jessi10 profile image77
    Jessi10posted 6 years ago

Yes, I do. However, I also believe in making opportunities come to me. Before I was a full time writer, I was definitely struggling. Then I decided to invest some time working on my two businesses! Not only did I make money, but I saw just how many opportunities are out there, and people just need to hear about them.
    If you are unemployed, and want a job, I can help you get one..
    I work from home, and I do make my own hours!

8. profile image0
    richfsrposted 6 years ago

Unemployment is a crucial necessity today. With companies laying off continually and downsizing. If Unemployment didn't exist, I would have been wiped out twice. I feel sorry for the self-employed and others that don't get unemployment. It must be devestating.

working