jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Would you leave a job that pays you $80,000 per year if you were unhappy doing i

1. Adams-ebooks profile image67
    Adams-ebooksposted 6 years ago

Would you leave a job that pays you $80,000 per year if you were unhappy doing it?

Life is quite a mystery at the moment and I wonder can you put a price on your happiness?

In these times of financial hardship in most countries, would it be wise to throw caution to the wind and keep on travelling, following the road less travelled, leaving behind the security of a good pay check and company car?...

Would like to see what all the Hubbers think!?...

2. jasmith1 profile image83
    jasmith1posted 6 years ago

I'd like to think so. I would try to make the transition smooth with savings, a new job etc if possible. Money can help but I don't think it buys happiness.

3. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

i left a job that payed quite a bit more then that because i wasn't happy. money is easy to make but happiness isn't.

4. feenix profile image60
    feenixposted 6 years ago

It depends.

If I had big responsibilities, such as providing for my family, I would not leave a job paying $80,000 a year for any reason, unless I managed to land a "better job."

5. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 6 years ago

I would because when you work a full time job you are spending most of your waking hours there. I have quit a well paying job in the past for this very reason. Only you can decide, but just remember that even if you miss out on some money, that can be replaced. Time can never be replaced.

6. Adams-ebooks profile image67
    Adams-ebooksposted 6 years ago

@Feenix - If i had a family to look after i probably wouldn't consider moving on unless i had a better offer either but i am child free and half way across the world from home already! It is a matter of lifestyle choice i think now...

Live to work, or work to live!!?

@nightwork4 - money comes easily and frequently if you just stay positive about it. Well done for leaving! Are you happy that you did?

@jasmith1 - It will be a transition with no savings, no job offer, move from Australia to New Zealand where i know nobody! But hey, sometimes you just have to go with the flow smile $100,000 would put a smile on anyones face i think!

@ Express10 - True that! Time can never be replaced. Trust in the universe and it shall provide i reckon.. It has been kind so far, I'm still alive and well smile

7. mikejhca profile image91
    mikejhcaposted 6 years ago

Yes, I would leave a job that pays $80,000 per year if I was unhappy doing it.  If I did not like the work and I was working 5 days a week I would be unhappy most of the time.  It is hard to switch from being unhappy to happy.  So I would be unhappy at least some of the time when I was not at work.

Most likely I would save up some money and have a plan before I quit.

8. T15 profile image68
    T15posted 6 years ago

Yes, I would leave my job if I was unhappy. My goal in life is to do something that makes me happy, and I don't see myself not going through with that. Although as of now I am single and have no obligations. If I would have to be unhappy to give my kids a decent life, I would. It's all about where you are in your life and what decisions you can live with.