jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What was the meanest thing ever done to you by a sale person?

1. jpcmc profile image88
    jpcmcposted 6 years ago

What was the meanest thing ever done to you by a sale person?

Everyone exriences poor customer service.  what was the worst thing ever done to you?  More importantly, what did you do about it?

2. golfcart34 profile image74
    golfcart34posted 6 years ago

Back when I tried my hand at car sales I had the following experience during training.  One of our tasks was to go to a competitor's dealership with the premise of going in just to get a brochure to see what would happen.  The goal of this was to demonstrate that it's always wise to get to know your customer rather than just shrugging everybody off who wants a brochure.  I went into the dealership, dressed in jeans and a t-shirt (my personal car buying attire of choice) and asked for a brochure.  What I got was a jerk of a sales person who just handed me a brochure with a card stapled to it and told me to give him a call when I was ready to buy.

And for the record, I only lasted a month in car sales.  Even at a no haggle dealership, sales tended to go against my general principles.

3. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

It happened to the whole family.  We drove about an hour from a very small logging town to Sacramento and went to the mall.  We stopped at a nice jewelry store so my husband could have his watchband repaired.

Yes, we were dressed casually, but not slovenly, jeans, shirts, coats, all clean and neat.  The saleslady (dressed to the nines) took his watch by a tiny corner with two fingers, acting like it was contaminated, looked us up and down -took the watch in back and came back and suggested we go to Walmart for the part, that they didn't have it.

In my youth I allowed people like that to make me feel bad about myself.  I wouldn't stand for it today - but 30 years ago, she managed to make me feel small and dirty.

Ironically, we had money in our pockets to spend but we sure didn't spend it there.

4. loveofnight profile image81
    loveofnightposted 6 years ago

I hate when a sales person lies to you about the quality of a product, I have had this experience with things ranging from shoes, clothing to jewelry....I am the person that will ask for the management and I will return and demand my money back [even on sales items] or a better trade.I have found through the years that when I do nothing to correct the problem it causes me great stress and I refuse to allow sress in my world.