jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Have you ever been harrased at work, at school, in here, at HP?

1. Lord De Cross profile image83
    Lord De Crossposted 6 years ago

Have you ever been harrased at work, at school, in here, at HP?

Seems that bullying is the boiling recipe of the day..anywhere, everywhere, and probably in here too. Do we need a button like pinterest to report bullying? Are you being harrased or were harrased at work? At school? Do they need help? Is this a mental issue? Do they need to get in other's people's nerves? For instance: Here at HP: People, that don't like us, flag down our work for the hell of it? That for me is Cyber Bullying. We want to hear from you as well.

2. R9139 profile image66
    R9139posted 6 years ago

Yeah, 8 weeks here and already have 3 "respected" members acting spiteful towards my work and topics. Nothing but childish harassment on a site that should have quite an intellectual backing

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

Yep. Bullying is normal for me. I've come to accept it and actually enjoy debating if they are right or wrong. I've been harrassed at school, work, church, with friends, at a conference in Europe, everywhere you can imagine. It always happens so accept it and learn how to win. Try something like Judo, debate, or Thai Boxing.

4. FloraBreenRobison profile image58
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

I think the flag button is meant to be similar to that button, but it doesn't mention cyber-bullying by name.  It is unfortunate that unlike sites like Facebook or Twitter where you can block the person both ways so that not only can you no longer read what they write, but they can't read what you write and then act on it, on HP, what happens is that you can block the person from your homepage so that you cannot see the person on that homepage. But you can still see the person's responses on hubs that you read when you are reading those hubs and see comments they make in the forums if they are someone who writes in the forums. A lot of people avoid forums because they can get out of hand. I won't go near politics and religion on the forums, but even ordinary topics like Hubpages community will get arguments that resort to name-calling.
    And it does not stop the other person from reading whatever you write and interpreting your words any way they want. I've done what I can to block my cyber-bully from Facebook and Twitter. I have blocked her ans she cannot read me there. But she can still read what I write here, and I still see her messages on other people's hubs.

5. profile image0
    JinnyMarteposted 6 years ago

Yes. I have been working this restaurant for almost three months and so far I had one coworker sexually harrass me and for the last month and a half I been having this other coworker bullying me for no apparent reason. He has called me names, criticizes and sabotages my work, bumps into me and tries to harm me when he passes by and trash talks me with other. He also uses intimidation constantly and displays his picket knife in front of me as he stares and follows me around everywhere. But even though it has been notified to management they still treat it as if it was just two different personalities colliding and working in a hostile environment. In other words, we still work at the same place and no one is doing anything about it other than talk to him about toning it down. We are talking about a person who is demeaning and abusive but apparently it's all good as long as no one gets hurt...even after I reported him for shoving silverware at my face and call me a "stupid b****"...