How does one use their creative skills to earn money?

1. Larael profile image73
    Laraelposted 6 years ago

How does one use their creative skills to earn money?

Say you're really good at photography, or at creating collages? Is there any way to market these skills and earn money by doing what you love? I know many people who become photographers, take pictures of families. I wouldn't know the first thing about having people "pose" for a picture. Or making collages. Would that skill be any good, other than publishing a book about HOW to make creative collages?  Just interested in any information some might have.  =]

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6247409_f260.jpg

2. Nick B profile image80
    Nick Bposted 6 years ago

Sadly, there is no sure-fire way of making money by being simply being creative. There must be millions of musicians, poets, writers, artists and others all of whom are excellent at what they do, but either because they don't know how, don't have the resources or the marketing skills, cannot make a living at whatever that may be.

There are many internet scams about this very thing, which make you feel like all you have to do ... but that's not how it works. For some maybe it will, but for the majority, no it won't.

If you do have a creative skill, sometimes you can get family or friends interested and go from there. Some have begun small and built up, or your skill could be augmented with something else, something that is a known seller or money maker, but even then, it's not guaranteed.

I do not wish to be the bearer of bad tidings, nor would I wish to tell you it's not possible, but you must be aware that before you can be a success, you need the market and finding that is often the hardest part.

working