jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the point of having to submit a resume, when you have to complete the on

1. Nights Dream profile image61
    Nights Dreamposted 5 years ago

What is the point of having to submit a resume, when you have to complete the online application?

I am currently laid off. I can not understand, when I am directed to a company's website, the point of submitting a resume. During the site registration, the online application is required.

2. lifelovemystery profile image93
    lifelovemysteryposted 5 years ago

It seems that there is no standardization for companies on how they collect information from job boards. They may post a job on a board like Monster, but may not have the software on the backend to collect the information from Monster. It can be quite frustrating. I am also unemployed and am quite frustrated each time I have to enter all my information from my resume into a company's database. Some websites can take 30-40 minutes to get through the entire process of form fields.

There is no easy process, but keep your chin up and keep in mind that while it may be frustrating to you, if you follow through you might be out another candidate who was too lazy to enter their information. Good Luck and I hope you find something soon.

3. SantaCruz profile image71
    SantaCruzposted 5 years ago

It's very frustrating! It reminds me of when you call the bank. The automated system asks you to enter your account number, phone number and SSN. Then the human asks for your account number, phone number and SSN.

Since you have no option, make the most of submitting your resume. Make an "Objective" section at the top of your resume & tweak it for each job you apply for.

Good luck!

4. Sadie14 profile image90
    Sadie14posted 5 years ago

I've found that usually the company looks at your resume first when looking for candidates and the application is more of a legal document they have to submit to corporate offices.

working