jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you make a good first impression during an interview?

1. Turtlewoman profile image95
    Turtlewomanposted 6 years ago

How do you make a good first impression during an interview?

2. RicardoE profile image71
    RicardoEposted 6 years ago

in many ways it depends on the person who is interviewing you. Some say that constant eye contact is really important, maybe I'm not a human resourses expert, but I once interviewed a group of people for a job opening (one by one), and the last thing I was thinking on was on eye contact. I was intrested in knowing: "who is he/she".

The good impression for me was to see people who knew how to talk, they where confident enough and didn't exagerated any answers, just the perfect balance.

3. JKenny profile image94
    JKennyposted 6 years ago

My dad used to interview new recruits for the fire service in England, and he used to say that the best thing to do, was to greet the interviewer(s) asking them how they are and such; and to sit upright with your hands on your knees, so that you look keen, alert and confident.

4. MimiKat33 profile image76
    MimiKat33posted 6 years ago

First of all, be on time or a little early.  This gives you time to calm yourself and gives a good impression to the interviewer's assistant, often the interviewer will ask what their impression was.
    Be dressed appropriately for the interview.
    When speaking, look the interviewer in the eye, answer direct and avoid the word "like". 
    Ask your own questions, this indicates interest and being a self-starter

working